Was Andover bought out last week?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Speedracer, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaredand

jaredand

I get worried, as a trader, when ISLD or INCA goes down for 2 mins not to mention about switching clearing firms. I did that in the past and its not trivial. It causes a lot of disruptions to say the least. Positions are wrong and aren't fixed overnight because they have to be dtc'd. Robert, you really must have a back up clearing arrangement in place. You seem to be on top of things.

Btw, one of the best clearing deals on the street is 2.00/1,00 shares. Its offered by a couple of firms.

#31     Dec 1, 2002
  2. I think they may be in talks with point direx. I heard a little bird say they may sell the retail trading bizness. I guess they think since point direx is a copy of watcher it may be an easy transition.

#32     Dec 1, 2002
  3. jaredand

jaredand

typo, I meant 2.00/ 1,000 shares of course.

#33     Dec 1, 2002

4. Who and what is the payout???

#34     Dec 1, 2002
  5. That would be just the base rate. Then you have to add ECN's and Dot rates, plus all the equipment, software, and office costs. And it depends on the volume you're doing.

Don't get the traders all excited, cause the regular trader is not getting those rates.

#35     Dec 1, 2002
  6. jaredand

jaredand

That is a base rate. 100% payout. Not a prop deal. But volume must be maintained. ECN's are a little higher than the posted rates. ie, they can be .005/share. If you want to know, you can PM me abc.

#36     Dec 1, 2002
  7. jaredand

jaredand

I never pay for software or office costs. That's a scam. I'm a regular trader and I get these rates. I do volume though.

#37     Dec 1, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

jaredand and others,

Let's keep this thread on topic, if you have other issues you want to discuss then please start another thread, if you want to promote firms then do it privately. Thanks.

#38     Dec 1, 2002
  9. jaredand

jaredand

Magna,

That's crap.

I did not promote any firms. Never had.

I was giving advice to fellow traders as to what a fair deal is.

If you don't think its appropriate, then I will say to everyone, please don't PM me. These allegations are very upsetting. I thought the purpose of this site was to help others. I did not once mention a firm.

I don't represent anyone! I am a trader.

#39     Dec 1, 2002
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

jaredand,

You are a brand new member to Elite, having joined two days ago on Nov 29, and you've already made a number of posts alluding to great rates, a great firm, etc. Then on one of your posts you said:
    There are many ways to promote companies: by including links, by naming the company and continually extolling it's virtues, and by not naming the company but saying repeated good things about it so that others PM the poster (or in your case, invite PM's). If it was not the case with you then this is all a moot discussion, for if someone called me an embezzler or a murderer it wouldn't particularly upset me since I would know it was untrue.

In any case, this thread is about a possible Andover buyout, not your firm rates or any other subject, and the emphasis of my post was to get the thread back on topic. Rather than make multiple posts I took the opportunity to address a peripheral issue.

#40     Dec 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.