Warren Buffett's interview on CNBC..

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Matt24SPFL, May 7, 2007.

1. Maybe Buffett is gonna acquire Pfizer. :D

#11     May 7, 2007
  2. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I think he will purchase a carve-out or spinoff of some sort. Something that does not have a clear value, not publicly valued, that he can purchase without other bidders.

That was funny how the Fast Money crew was trying to game his next target. Please! Like the Buff would ever buy WLP! Warren Buffett is like Al Pacino in that movie Devil's Advocate - Never let them see you coming!

You ain't gonna see him coming.......

#12     May 7, 2007
  3. "You ain't gonna see him coming......."

Haven't been up on the news on WEB, but I would venture a guess it would be utilities. I think he may be there already (seems I read something last year?). Not like we can import electricity, there also was another reason which I have forgotten, a regulation or tax treatment that made utlities favorable for an investor like him.

I thought the British were buying some american utlities. Sorry for the vagueness of the thoughts. At the time when I was following this line of thought on WEB next purchase, the time frame was not really what I was looking for and since have moved on.

#13     May 8, 2007
  4. Some very good commentary... Energy is a strong possibility with Buffett...

#14     May 8, 2007
  5. Appropriate enough, that would make him very late.

:D

#15     May 8, 2007
  6. Timing, Timing, Timing..... :D He has some great timing...

#16     May 8, 2007