Warren Buffett: Why stocks beat gold and bonds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zanek, Feb 9, 2012.

1. There is no "compounding" in medals. It is inflation, and will stop, and so will your compounding.

Buffet knows cash flows are more dependable than the prospect of rising prices in commodities. I completely understand where he's coming from, and you do not. Compounding medals will stop.

#21     Feb 10, 2012
  2. And XOM is up tens of thousands of percent since then, so gold has lagged that stock for sure.

Think the split adjusted price from mid seventies of XOM is below $0.15.

#22     Feb 10, 2012
  3. sumfuka

sumfuka

Really??? There's no compounding in metals? I must be doing something very wrong then. :D

Buffett is 1st and foremost an Insurance Guy. I don't know how long you have been alive. But my experience with insurance people is less than honorable.

#23     Feb 10, 2012
  4. You are. Riding the coattails of an inevitable bubble burst that you've just so happened to catch when any time in the last 30 years really wasn't that great of an opportunity and that's the point Buffet will make to you and so will I.

#24     Feb 10, 2012
  5. sumfuka

sumfuka

Fair enough. You make valid points. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer hard assets.

#25     Feb 10, 2012
  6. sumfuka

sumfuka

What is a bubble?

#26     Feb 10, 2012
  7. Beau's sense of self importance.

#27     Feb 10, 2012
  8. Or missing that Gold's been a terrible investment since 1980 compared to stocks.

#28     Feb 10, 2012
  9. sumfuka

sumfuka

Every now and then it's important to have the retarded kids feel special. Boost their ego up and let them be. Hopefully they'll become someone else s problem.

All I said was Buffett might have a bias towards metals, and this nigga gets all emotional like I took a shit on his dinner.

#29     Feb 10, 2012
  10. There's no room for ego in trading, which is why I let my systems trade for me.

Your "compounding" comment is dumb luck. Buffet's bias is that they're terrible investments long term, and if that's a bias, we really know who the retarded kid that needs to feel special is.

So what has gold done lately?

Breaching to its all time high, it has set three lower highs in a row and aren't you wondering what to do?

#30     Feb 10, 2012