Warren Buffett tripled investment in Apple

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Feb 15, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Warren Buffett tripled investment in Apple
    Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathawaybet big on Apple stockand may have made as much as $1.1 billion in the first weeks of 2017. Berkshire Hathaway disclosed that it now owns 57.36 million shares of Apple as ofDec. 31, up from a 15.23 million-share stake as ofSept. 30.(Silicon Valley Business Journal)

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

3. He's a genius! Bought it at a ridiculously cheap price.

Chris Mac and dealmaker like this.
  4. java

java

He is such a public figure you would think everybody always know what he is doing. But I never hear anybody talking about it until he almost has a full load on and he gleefully announces he is big and still buying. Same method with IBM.

5. Well of course he wants to play that close to his chest. Look at how these stocks react to news he bought a big stake. Big players want to keep it non public until they've acquired their desired position typically.

6. java

java

What did I say?

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

I have watched a Susan Decker (BH board member) interview and she said Buffett doesn't even tell the board of the trades and acquisitions he is going to make until after he makes them, thus watch BH's 13F filings.

8. everybody is a genius in a bull market

Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  9. Gotcha

Gotcha

Here is my question if anyone can answer. Based on the size he is buying, is there anyway that the stock could have dropped during the time he is accumulating? Sure you have your regular day traders going in or out, or your swing trades hoping to make a few bucks, but when you get a heavyweight buying over 40 million shares for a long term hold, is the only result that price has to go up?

#10     Feb 15, 2017