Warren Buffett "George W. Bush, I give him great credit for leading"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. I dont say that out of jealousy...I say it because someone has to stand up for the 40 million on food stamps, the 15 million unemployed and all those guys not receiving bonuses and raises this year meanwhile working their asses off.

Sometimes sticking up your middle finger and saying fuck you is simply the right thing to do. Certainly, Im not jealous of some guy who walks over the masses...the people that I once swore to defend.

#31     Nov 17, 2010
  2. MGB

MGB

Stand up for the 40 million on food stamps. How? Stop voting for Democratic Mayors. The top 10 most poverty stricken US cities have had Democratic Mayors-Councils since The Great Society.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/20/beck.cities/

#32     Nov 17, 2010
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I give him credit for leading too...

leading us into a near depression

leading us into a never ending war in Iraq

leading us into a never ending war in Afghanistan

leading many of our parents here into emotional chaos by needlessly causing the deaths of so many U.S. soldiers

leading us to be viewed as weak and gutless in our potential to fight and win wars

leading us into being isolated from almost every country on the planet

Yeah man...Little George Bush...a really great "leader"

#33     Nov 17, 2010
  4. sumfuka

sumfuka

That would be very unlikely, since a huge portion of his money is derived from derivatives, you know the type of things he tells the crowd not to touch. But he is a market maker so what can you expect?

#34     Nov 17, 2010

5. wrong again

legislators, unless they engage in business directly (specifically to take advantage of the loopholes or provisions of said legislation they pass) are not responsible for

1) those who with their political contacts form companies to take said advantage, like what happened in the mortgage mess with the Country Wide's and the Wells Fargo's and the others who played fast and loose in a conservative minimal regulatory business environment

2) those who for years stood in the door to prevent what was unleashed upon us during those 8 horrid years, should be praised, not maligned

3) .....

4) .....

5) what's so amazing is people bought the same crap all over again in the midterm election results...

perhaps we all deserve to return to the good ole' days of Bush II and that atmosphere

seems like we're well on our way there now....

#35     Nov 18, 2010

6. those who can't succeed babble and hope to have a large pulpit from which to babble,

why he doesn't do instead of babble non-sense is anyone's guess

if the ideas were worth doing, then wouldn't he be elected already, in any city he choose?, but instead the notion of babble seems more suited...

if there were truth in statements almost like the idea of truth in lending, then there would be credibility,

which this man sorely lacks,
    both his articles, news shows, perspectives which he slants the news with and such.

one would much rather see there be substance behind the babble instead of opinion wrangling....

what really is a shame is / are intelligent people actually believe ....

hey, do like the others and make it happen instead of babbling....

#36     Nov 18, 2010
  7. Mnphats

Mnphats

I agree, and lets not forget that Buffett also had the luxury of having essentially an unprecedented 60 year bull market.

#37     Nov 18, 2010
  8. Neither do most right wingers OR Tea Party supporters approve of Bush. Most of OUR country already knew this. So did you have a point to make, or is it just your time of the month again?

#38     Nov 18, 2010
  9. LeeD

LeeD

However, White House administration IS responsible.

From "Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime: How the Bush Administration Stopped the States From Stepping In to Help Consumers" by Eliot Spitzer in The Washington Post (link):
    For conspiracy theorists: this article is the likely reason Spitzer's interest in call girls got exposed. (link)

#39     Nov 19, 2010
  10. It's really quite fascinating how the disdain for Bush among the political Right is largely retroactive. He was ardently defended by most of the Right during his tenure.

#40     Nov 19, 2010