Warren Buffett "George W. Bush, I give him great credit for leading"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. I have it on good authority that this was actually Warren Buffet's April's Fool wisecrack for 2010, he's just getting a bit senile and simply forgot it for a few months.

It's actually an incomplete quote. The full quote is:

"George W. Bush, I give him great credit for leading America...to the brink of disaster!"

#21     Nov 17, 2010

2. This is too stupid and rabid to respond to. Except:

Democrats ran the Congress for the last 4 years. Including the Senate and House banking and finance comittess. All budgeting and politcal sway. So, How is your life now after 4 years of Democratic Congressional control of our lives? How are your friends doing now? How about your family?

Apparently the biggest problems started in 2006 when the Dems took over the Legislative branch, FOUR YEARS of their control later and look where we are.

(PS I am NOT a Bush fan. I am even less a Democrat fan. I am a fan of the facts. If you want to blame someone, then blame Barney Frank (D) who in conjunction with others, for DECADES voted against every sincle conservative measure to reign in housing overleverage with Fannie/Freddie - the real ongoing cause of the problems we are having now - and that the Dems have passed 4 lousy housing rescue bills that have done nothing but make laywers fat/rich and done NOTHING to straighten out that mess.)

#22     Nov 17, 2010
  3. MGB

MGB

When Congress reduced the taxes, they had their chance to reduce the spending. Unfortunately, they did not.

Your evidence? Here's mine... He wanted regulatory reform on the Fannie Maes and Freddie Macs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101110/pl_nm/us_taxes_bush

#23     Nov 17, 2010
  4. pspr

pspr

Yes, you are right. There is ample evidence that the problem goes back to the Clinton and Carter administrations and Bush tried to get congress to act.

http://www.bucksright.com/bush-proposed-fannie-mae-freddie-mac-supervision-in-2003-1141

#24     Nov 17, 2010
  5. MGB

MGB

+1

#25     Nov 17, 2010
  6. MGB

MGB

#26     Nov 17, 2010
  7. "President Barack Obama will name Warren Buffet as one of fifteen winners of the 2010 Medal of Freedom, a White House official said on Wednesday."

#27     Nov 17, 2010
  8. MGB

MGB

Likewise, President George Herbert Walker Bush will also be awarded the 2010 Medal of Freedom, too.

#28     Nov 17, 2010
  9. Warren sits there marveling and grinning that he will not be eating at McDonalds, but what about the 15 million Americans still out of work and their unemployment has run out? What about the Americans who had to accept pay cuts and demotions just to keep their jobs? What about the Americans who did not receive raises or bonuses the last two years? What about the Americans who have to work 50% harder then they did in 2007? What about the guys with college degrees working as waiters and servers or at Walmart because thats all they could find?

Warren's statements are very self serving. The stimulus helped Wall Street, it helped traders, it helped the banks, it helped all these companies like Ford and finally it helped the extreme wealthy like Warren, but it did not help Joe the Plumber or the average American. Actually, there are more people on food stamps and homeless then ever before. Crime is up. People have lost their lives on account of this bad economy.

Warren smiles marveling at the money he made off the taxpayers. Meanwhile, many people are hungry tonight all over the United States. Christmas wont come for them.

Fuck you Buffet.

#29     Nov 17, 2010
  10. MGB

MGB

Jealous much?

#30     Nov 17, 2010