Warren Buffett buys stake in Apple

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Phill Twist, May 16, 2016.

1. trader42 likes this.
  2. It also tells Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is loosing on the IBM bet. I do not think Buffets should be followed blindly. On the other hand Apple is putting its hopes on new Apple pay TV service:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-run-entire-pay-tv-120700207.html#
    which could be something entirely new

Stockmalaza likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

So it took news of buffet buying Apple stock to boost shares over 3%....

Typical....

He can make free money everyday by buying stock and releasing news after the fact that he bought it to the public...I don't know why anyone cares what this guy buys and sells ...and I thought he hates technology... Maybe his next by will be Amazon or Tesla...

4. S2007S

S2007S

Everyone is still hoping that Apple can grab a new revenue stream from this Apple TV thing yet it has yet to even work for them...apples revenue still relies heavily on the iphone ...if that doesn't change ape isn't going anywhere quick.

5. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

Apple Pay

[​IMG]

:)

6. Gotcha

Gotcha

I personally don't get it. The only reason to use Apple Pay over your credit card is if you don't have your wallet. A credit card with the Tap function already does this exact same thing. Now how often do you plan to be out without your CC? I realize having a phone with you is probably as important as having shoes or underwear these days, but I only don't leave the house without my wallet when I go for a jog.

Apple must really be running out of ideas if the only thing left is to skim some money off the top from each transaction.

Stockmalaza likes this.
  7. Who could imagine that someday WB would load up on Apple. :D

Jamie J. likes this.
  8. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

Exactly. Something like the Discovery of the Year. :)

felixbocharov likes this.
  9. probably, Goldman Sach also agreed to let the uncle getting 1 million shares of its class A stock at 20% discount.

#10     May 16, 2016