Warren Buffet will go broke

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, Oct 17, 2008.

1. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

3rd richest man in the world behind Carlos Slim.

#21     Oct 17, 2008
  2. I guess being broke for him would be if his net worth dips below $10 billion.

#22     Oct 17, 2008
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think beside playing for long term, he is trying to introduce confidence. Just like a hundred years ago, when a few influental bankers, investors were able to sway the market mood and avoid further panic...

#23     Oct 17, 2008
  4. I've thought for a while most of your posts seem to indicate you're a teenager with $1500 in an online account somewhere. But this has got to be the most idiotic statement I have ever read on ET. Are you just trying to get a reaction from people? Seriously.

#24     Oct 17, 2008
  5. Agreed.

It's almost as if these posts come from people that are simply trying to generate "web-traffic" on ET. They log onto ET between their college courses, during Summer vacation, Holidays, etc. and make some of the most absurd claims and statements - - - highly reflective of people that DO NOT TRADE FOR A LIVING!

It makes the TRADING FORUM a total joke.

Sad, but true.

#25     Oct 17, 2008
  6. ....I share the sentiment above, about the OP and his astuteness :)
    Buffett cannot go broke he has a lot of staying powers and knowledge. He does not buy on margin and he did not put all his eggs in the same basket. Berkshire is a ~200(?) Billion colossus

#26     Oct 17, 2008
  7. Good point Landis.

I am a FULL-TIME TRADER. That means I'm in it 24 hours a day, have no boss and generate my own fear and euphoria.

NY HOOD: what is your occupation? Are you a college student? Come clean!!

#27     Oct 17, 2008
  8. This question is an insult to college students (my wife works at UC Davis...) he sounds more like a high school drop out "poker player" :)

#28     Oct 17, 2008
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

ny hood, even if buffet gets wiped off he'll still be a million times wealthier than you, guess i can understand such pain

#29     Oct 17, 2008
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Why is it ignorant to say 73-74 is worse than now?

#30     Oct 17, 2008