Warren Buffet: We are in a long and deep recession the likes we have not seen

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackstone54, Apr 28, 2008.

1. mokwit

mokwit

Until I came to ET I was vigorously opposed to compulsary medication of the insane. Now I'm not so sure.........................

#31     Apr 29, 2008
  2. agmccall

agmccall

You do not need a recession for Sears to be empty

#32     Apr 29, 2008
  3. Bootsie

Bootsie

One of the best posts I have seen in a while.

:p

#33     Apr 29, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

There's a Sears store across the street from Denver's sort-of famous Cherry Creek Mall. Sears has been there for at least 60 years, and every time I go in there the shoppers are so few I wonder how they are paying the bills.

#34     Apr 29, 2008
  5. Buffet is overrated

he doesn't know his butt fomr a hole in the ground

He missed out on GOOGLE, Mastercard, Commodities, Potash and just about every growth sector in the past five years

he's just bitter that his crappy 90's bluechip portfolio is in the dust

#35     Apr 29, 2008
  6. You sound jealous that you aren't as rich as he is.

#36     Apr 29, 2008
  7. Buffet's stock picks for the past eight years have done pretty poorly, actually. He missed out on a lot of recent market trends.

#37     Apr 29, 2008
  8. bellman

bellman

Can't say this enough. When will the rest of the country wake up? Oh yeah, when it's too late.

#38     Apr 29, 2008
  9. Bufett is dead wrong. Heshould be checked for dementia since this is an egregious prediction.

#39     Apr 29, 2008
  10. bellman

bellman

It shouldn't be hard for buffet to make stock picks. Go long then tell all his friends and followers what position to take, go short then tell them to reverse. What could be easier than that!

#40     Apr 29, 2008