Warren Buffet Just Endorsed Barack Obama on Bloomberg & Will Fundraise For Him

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Buffet believes that taxes should be higher on the wealthy.

#11     Jun 25, 2008
  2. I agree with your observation, but you may want to observe more polls. Only the very left leaning Newsweek, and LA Times has Obama in double digits. All the other polls average around 5%. I personally feel 5% is about correct, although it should increase significantly through the summer, and then get reeled back in during the fall if this is a typical election. Any time a party is in power for a few consecutive terms it tends to do that.

I also ignore all polls that are obviously skewed one way or the other. RCP.com lists all of them so you can see at a glance which are way out of whack.

#12     Jun 25, 2008
  3. I'm sure you know very little about Buffet.

#13     Jun 25, 2008

4. I couldnt have said it better myself.

#14     Jun 25, 2008
  5. dorfman

dorfman

'His most 'liberal' statement is that his secretary shouldn't pay a higher % of her income in taxes than he does. '

and yet, he wont pay her enough to put her in a higher bracket - even though he has more money than he knows what to do with

if it's so important to help her, why doesnt HE do it?

#15     Jun 25, 2008
  6. Get off the Kool-aid BLSH.

He owns a private jet and spends half his time in a 20mil home in Laguna Beach.

#16     Jun 25, 2008
  7. Buffet for Obama, who does Ichan endorse? Better question. Whoever Buffet or Ichan endorsed in the past, have they won?

#17     Jun 25, 2008
  8. No doubt, you are correct. However, I do read about him from time to time in the press and I've read his biography by Lowenstein some years ago. Overall, from what I do know about him, I like the guy.

#18     Jun 25, 2008
  9. Yes , buffet is very liberal. He didnt care if hilldog or barry won office, as long as it was a democrat.

He believes in wealth redistribution.

I gotta give the guy some credit though, he does live a modest life and is giving ALL his money away. So at least he stays true to his words and beliefs.

#19     Jun 25, 2008
  10. He is for higher taxes, abortion, and the rest of the liberal agenda right down the line. If that doesn't make one a liberal, would you be kind enough to tell us what does?

He has arranged his own personal finances to pay an absolutely miniscule portion of it in taxes, whilst he supports higher taxes on the poor slobs that make 100k a year.

Speaking of hypocrisy, when he bought Soloman Bro after the treas bid rigging scandal, he told the media he was going to clean the place up and bring some values to the place. This caused many within the firm to mock him behind his back because he at the time was living with a woman other than his wife.

As told someone at the time, it's easy to live a life of "values" when you get to make up your own values. This is typical of liberals.

#20     Jun 25, 2008