Warren Buffet expects US to be nuked.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MainFramer, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mskl

mskl

Firstly, we should spell his name correctly.

It's Buffett!

All these "new age" investors (you know P/E's don't matter etc...)were making fun of Buffett in 98/99/00 because he didn't invest in technology. These dopes would actually attend his annual meeting (a big thing for value investors) and make fun of him.

Buffett recently remarked, our stock (BRK) made it's low on the EXACT day the NASDAQ made it's high.

have a nice day................

#21     May 7, 2002
  2. TigerO

TigerO

I couldn't agree more.

#22     May 7, 2002
  3. bozwood

bozwood

Pump up his stocks by predicting a nuke attack on the US? Holders of insurance stocks just love to watch their stocks go to the moon every time catastrophe occurs or is predicted. *Very* interesting reasoning.

#23     May 7, 2002
  4. Were Warren's comments a precisely calculated attempt to promote his personal financial interests, or is he just beginning to suffer from senility?

#24     May 7, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Rod Shaft (oh yeah, both your first and last "names" are oozing with testosterone),

I read alot of his comments and it seemed like a sincere evaluation of a political and social reality. With the advances in technology, and the sacrificial Islamic mindset, do you honestly believe that a nuclear, biological, or chemical attack from within won't happen at some point??? Anyway, I'm glad someone of Warren Buffett's stature said it, because many politically knowledgeable people think it's inevitable given the will (if not the current means) of terrorists, and it can only help bring attention to it rather than hiding under the covers.

#25     May 7, 2002
  6. Christ almighty; no wonder most people lose money in the markets.

#26     May 7, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

Magna,

I was considering changing my handle to "Huge Rod"

Is that OK?

nitro

#27     May 7, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Not quite as ingenious as Rod Shaft, and hardly as subtle, but equally effective.... :cool:

#28     May 7, 2002
  9. PXG

PXG

May be this was the reason for his comments?

http://money.cnn.com/2002/05/21/commentary/streetlife/streetlife_serwer/index.htm

"Interestingly, Deep Blue points out that Grant's Interest Rate Observer (Hey Jim, you big bear!) says that Warren Buffett's "Berkshire holds an options-related investment on which it stands to gain $600 million if the S&P closes below 1,150 on June 3."... "

#29     May 22, 2002
  10. Should know better than to fuel another mass hysteria along with this silly Clancy movie and last week's cover story in the New York Times Magazine.

See Article 02 Below by Robert Williscroft:

http://www.sftt.org/dw03062002.html

Hope the link comes out.

Geo.

#30     Jun 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.