Warren Buffet expects US to be nuked.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MainFramer, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If they did insure for something like that they would probably be out of business. 9/11 hit several large reinsurance companies very hard.

#11     May 7, 2002

2. I saw it first on drudgereport.com midday.

#12     May 7, 2002
  3. metal1

metal1

like someone said he is a huge insurance company owner. he stated he made a mistake by underestimating current risks and the NY attack cost his companies 2 billion in claims. also said he needs to increase premiums to cover against future risks.

#13     May 7, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

If NY gets hit with a nuke you are gonna have much bigger problems than not being able to trade for a while...

#14     May 7, 2002
  5. Turlo

Turlo

The technology is out there. I think that he was simply stating the obvious. Eventually that technology is going to get into the wrong hands.

Iraq and Iran both have nuclear programs. 20 years ago they didn't know what a tv was..........

I think that he was saying that in 20 years many things can change.........

#15     May 7, 2002
  6. just21

just21

how did this guy get so rich being so negative? I always thought americans were positive thinkers. I think he is wrong, it definetly won't be state sponsored as that state would not exist after attacking the us. Mutually assured destruction, I wondered if the nihilists have heard of that?

#16     May 7, 2002
  7. I think we are past that point ...

#17     May 7, 2002
  8. ...

#18     May 7, 2002
  9. Biomech

Biomech

He got so rich because he has unbelievable clarity of vision, an uncanny ability to insert himself into the right place at the right time, and an ability not only to admit when he is wrong, but admit it in his yearly letters to his stockholders.

I would guess that he spoke up about the nuke issue because he doesn't think people are spending enough effort trying to prevent it. That's usually his motivation for saying something. He isn't known for market manipulation.

#19     May 7, 2002
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Not. In fact, since the losses on 9/11, his holding company Berkshire Hathaway has a clause for all policies excluding damages caused by nuclear, chemical and biological. So speaking his mind on a very real concern does absolutely nothing to "pump up" his stocks.

#20     May 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.