Warnings After The Close??????? 10-01-07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Something is brewing I can smell it.

2. Bowgett

Bowgett

Yes. I am warning you... :cool:

3. BOOM
    here comes the BOOM
    ready or not
    how you like it now....

HAHA, well, it's possible. I've never seen folks go from terrified to elated so quickly, nor have I EVER seen them forget so rapidly.

Bulls can have their measly new highs, the bears are waiting and watching for the bull to take a nap. Then the paws and claws come out.

4. Bowgett

Bowgett

We need new warnings which will fuel more rate cut hopes and new highs.

5. S2007S

S2007S

A warning will only send the markets higher.

6. Do people realize what typically happens after rates are cut following a long period of rising or stable interest rates?

Go refer to previous periods of time. Market flies for VERY short period (month or two) then drops in a significant fashion.

7. Bowgett

Bowgett

Are you trying to predict maket top or something?

8. S2007S

S2007S

waiting patiently for the sell off....no need to rush in and buy,

WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT SELLOFF TO GET LONG.......market is overbought.

9. No, I don't offer recommendations on things like that - too many external variables and IF by some chance one was able to predict one, there'd be no point to sharing that except to boost one's ego.

I'm just pointing to history which repeats itself when folks don't learn from it. There are enough people with enough emotion in the market right now where I'm very suspicious of the recent market appreciation. Participants have forgotten and brushed aside what were at one point 'doomsday' indicators and issues for the market, not more than one month prior to now. Fed rate cuts do not fix problems so quickly. The actual positive effect (assuming it was the right thing to do) won't be felt for months. Consumerism is declining and will continue to do so. I believe this because I live in the Boston area and have conducted surveys of local businesses.

Superb auto dealers have seen in the past three weeks a significant decline in auto sales. The malls are seeing less shoppers than usual for this time period. In my opinion this main street and shopping mall data is more reliable than gov't published Consumer Confidence / Spending indicators.

10. Keep in mind that this is just my two cents, so value it as you will.

#10     Oct 1, 2007