WARNING!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Xspurt, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't received a PM for a couple years. My first thought when I saw this thread was Occupy Wall Street. Then it sounds like only certain members are targeted.

Yet, defective minds never do anything that makes sense to normal people. Could be some foreigner, then what could US authorities do?

#31     Nov 29, 2011
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone from a competing web site trying to bring our global empire down.

#32     Nov 29, 2011
  3. It is someone with a history here, a hatred of Joe and good English. Doubt very much it is a foreigner.

#33     Nov 29, 2011
  4. benwm

benwm

I basically shy away from making enemies on ET and can only think of southAmerica and antitrust that I might have pissed off in the past. Though I am opposed to financial transaction taxes so perhaps a supporter of Robin Hood Taxes might have used that against me. Hence my suspicion that an anti capitalist or FTT supporter might have initiated this attack. I do not understand why I would be specifically targetted otherwise.

Note that tortoise (another victim) created a website opposing FTT recently and it was brought down by hackers. So this might be some anticapitalist taking it to another level.

Since I am personally opposed to "banker bailouts" it is quite ironic if the perpetrator is indeed someone from OWS.

#34     Nov 29, 2011
  5. Mine had some BS about he saw I was into the RCG Pictorium thread so wanted to share pics with me.

#35     Nov 29, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

IP? How about his street address posted right here.

#36     Nov 29, 2011
  7. No bullshit , if given the chance I will find this monster and post the photo of his head on the end of my old bayonet.. No threat, it's a promise :cool:

#37     Nov 29, 2011
  8. PM's are bad, but embedded code inside of existing threads is 10x worse. Once that becomes commonplace, it's literally not safe to even visit this site.

I honestly hope that what took place yesterday when I casually clicked on a thread and had that re-direct never occurs again, but what's to stop this freak who continues to create new usernames over and over again.

#38     Nov 29, 2011
  9. Lucky for me I only had to experience that once. I immediately blocked Private messaging so I can avoid this from happening again. But now even threads are at risk of this popping up?

Why not shut down new user registrations until this is sorted out. And If the FBI has been contacted why is this still happening? Can't they just trace the guy and bust him?

Obviously it seems this is a daily occurrence which should provide ample ability to catch him.

I hope if a resolution occurs that he ends up locked up.

#39     Nov 29, 2011
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Just as an update, I have reported that psycho to the FBI's Internet Crime Center.

For those of you were sent PMs, you may need to provide your contact information to an investigator at a later time so he can verify the complaint.

I will keep you updated as the investigation moves forward.

#40     Nov 30, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.