Warning to traders, there are some sophisticated SCAMS on ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cold, Mar 7, 2008.

1. ramora

ramora

A trojan does not need to know anything about x_trader or ninja. It only has to send every keystroke back to its server. The next time you log in they will have both your username and password.

So, 'be careful out there'!!!

#21     Mar 7, 2008
  2. I can't comment on X-Trader or Ninja Trader as the guy was trading equities at the time using Instaquote. Stored on his hard drive within the program was a daily log of his trades and this is what the Trojan locked onto so every time he made any trades this Hacker knew what he traded.

#22     Mar 7, 2008
  3. I forgot to say that the vast majority of execution platforms have daily logs available for review and as the man said any key logging software could get you into allot of trouble. Set up your email with encryption and send and receive in plain text and NEVER HAVE EMAIL ON YOUR TRADING PC. ITS ASKING FOR TROUBLE. HOPE THE INSIGHT HELPS

#23     Mar 7, 2008
  4. On the positive side , if he piggy backs your trades, it will only push the market in the right direction for you :)

#24     Mar 7, 2008
  5. Bob111

Bob111

how the f*ck do they know, if my "strategies" are profitable?
    i can give them a couple hundreds "strategies", no problem there.. they useless to me anyway :)

#25     Mar 7, 2008
  6. Same situation here, with folks who you might think are legit but turn out to be con artists (Thanks again to Volente and Hermit).

I have ONE rule that I try to follow....No personal info over the net......period....I realize it is perhaps too severe for most (sometimes I screw it up)....but it does keep me out of harm's way......Also I check for keyloggers and other malware on a daily basis and I don't use my trading rig for anything except execution of trades...So far so good....

Be aware that T28 also known as Troll28 or Trader28 and many other aliases has tried on several ocasions to scam people. The "tell" as I understand it, is that he approaches as a newbie with few posts to his credit and asks for info or reference to a book or study, and then asks if he can communicate further via email...that is the hook...

Good luck

Steve

#26     Mar 7, 2008
  7. cold

cold

a good trojan can do anything you can imagine

in my youth I used to play with them

holy moly they are tricky SOBs

now a days trojans are root kit types

good luck trying to find them

#27     Mar 7, 2008
  8. Thanks for showing up in your latest alias Troll 28....

One of the few nice things about getting older is being able to use your experience. I know how to control you troll.....I got you to post so EVERYONE HERE CAN SEE HOW YOU OPERATE....

Post a link to any request from me for "donations" you poor pathetic bastard...

Alternatively you could just slink away until you can think of another alias...as everyone knows, you are not welcome here..

The site owner wants you gone.....and so do the rest of us....

Sorry Troll, but there is no "we" as far as YOU are concerned..

YOU are an outsider now...

#28     Mar 8, 2008
  9. You haven't got two nickels to rub together pissant

I am right here

and you are still an outsider, banned from the site.

Gotcha!!!!

#29     Mar 8, 2008
  10. Yawn

#30     Mar 8, 2008