Warning to all CME traders!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scalper21, Jul 5, 2006.

1. buy CME stock

hold to 800+

nuff said

#11     Jul 5, 2006
  2. 40Deuce

40Deuce

game theory

#12     Jul 5, 2006

3. I called CME clearing. Counterparty information is not provided by clearing either.

CME does not provide ccounterparty information on the execution or the clearing drops

#13     Jul 5, 2006
  4. I have no idea who you talked to at CME. But opposite firm number is a part of the trade register file (and TREX messages), I am looking at intraday drops now. You are not a clearing member and does not receive the Trade Register drops. This is all I am going to say about this matter.

http://www.cme.com/files/CCL-TradeReg.pdf

#14     Jul 5, 2006
  5. http://www.cme.com/clearing/clr/clradv/19091.html

I called clearing again to verify that my information was correct. They provided me with the following document which can be viewed on their website.

CME is not providing counterparty information via execution or clearing.

#15     Jul 5, 2006
  6. Actually, you have no vested right to know the counterparty to anything, unless they CHOOSE to divulge it, as in a MM in a Nasdaq stock.

In a private transaction, you NEED to know the counterparty, I don't see the same NEED here.

As long as the exchange is legally liable for clearing, why would you have any right at all in this regard?

Why not ask to see all reserve size, what they plan to do an hour from now, and have for dinner?

This is war , you are 'entitled' to a fill at the inside, and very little else imo.

#16     Jul 5, 2006
  7. cc2trade

cc2trade

they get easier, then we lose them

#17     Jul 5, 2006
  8. Pabst

Pabst

I certainly hope that Chicago futures exchanges have enjoyed in their 150 years of existence, an adherence to higher moral and ethical standards than freakin' Nasdaq market-makers! As recently as ..well.. TODAY, crude, gold, cattle, soybeans etal are trading in the most transparent possible marketplace, open outcry. Brokers who are filling paper in those pits for commercial accounts will freely tell counter parties "who they were." What makes you think that just because we're now on the screen, with the benefit of FIFO, that anonymity is favorable?

You speak of "no reason to know". I'm not asking for the account on the trade, I'm asking which clearing exchange member traded with another exchange member. In a world that allows home sale records, data that includes individual's names, addresses and financial records to be transmitted publicly on-line or in a daily newspapers RE section, the CME and CBOT should feel that a completed trade is in the limited public domain. In the most liquid markets in the world, no participant has a right to know if a firm is cornering a market? In gold they can know. In crude they can know. But Treasuries and indices by virtue of the screen should be exempt from that scrutiny? I think not. Does a shareholder have a right to know "privileged" information? I say in most cases, yes. So yea let me and everyone who cares know if it's Gelber or Goldman on the otherside.

Someday, a rogue event is going to occur. Either a series a few hundred 1000 lot market orders or a credit failure, what have you. Not to mention mega-theft. When that happens you'll tell me that transparency is openness not secrecy.

#18     Jul 5, 2006
  9. Well, there are reportable limits in commodities and stocks, and I would hope they are adhered to.

If you want to buy up a large amount of anything without your 'counterparty' knowing it was you , then you should be able to do that within the rules. Otherwise, you get frontrun once they calculate your interest.

#19     Jul 5, 2006
  10. i think it helps to clear big lots in short period of time.
    like 3000 lots of ER2 in 5 minutes. i dont think i would like the other end to know.

#20     Jul 5, 2006