WARNING: Open E Cry

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Forrest Gump Jr, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Others have reported the $25 cost for demo accts, so its not a typo. A few wks back I sent them 2 emails to support@openecry.com. The first email was read and never replied to, the 2nd email was never even read. Gotta wonder what they're really doing over there.

#51     Mar 25, 2008
  2. Biog

Biog

I used these guys for the past few years as a backup account. I pulled out because of their horrible customer service response. Their are many better options out there. No need to put up with a below average firm.

#52     Mar 25, 2008
  3. ryank

ryank

My platform is running much better so far this week, but I did have my dom freeze for about 5 seconds this morning just as I was trying to place a stop for an open position.

#53     Mar 25, 2008
  4. rickty

rickty

Yes, this is very true; I've been paying this fee for a few months now. And unfortunately I'm having issues with their simulated account.

#54     Mar 25, 2008
  5. Today's Open E Cry Report Card=Passing, 2-days in a row!

No disconnects or apparent data feed pauses!

To Open E Cry,

Whatever firewall settings and/or equipment thereof you changed over the past holiday and weekend, it appears they are correct.

PLEASE don't change the settings and copy them for future reference!

#55     Mar 25, 2008
  6. rickf

rickf

Got a nicely-worded note back from OEC customer service confirming the $25/mo fee for simulation accounts. When at the gym today it dawned on me that my savings on 10 round-trips compared to my current broker would offset the cost of a demo account....while it's something that I really thing SHOULD be provided to paying customers for free, when I look at it that way, I can probably accept it, though I will grumble.

#56     Mar 25, 2008
  7. I'm running fine here as well w/o any hiccups for at least the last 2 weeks. I was frustrated with the hiccups/hangups but it hasn't shown here recently.

Let's hope it continues to work fine.

#57     Mar 26, 2008
  8. I like them, until they updated the system and broke their chart. I reported the issue to them, and they said it will be fixed in the next release. WTF, chart is critical to me and most discretionary traders. It should be fix in the next day or two, not the next release. I closed my account next day.

#58     Mar 26, 2008
  9. Today's Open E Cry Report Card=Pass, 3-days in a row! we are on a rolll now!

No disconnects or apparent data feed pauses!

Anyone else have issues?

#59     Mar 26, 2008
  10. tiger_6

tiger_6

Yes, all the brokers have these outages, from time to time. You might consider additional accounts, to balance these outages. Only a thought......

#60     Mar 26, 2008