WARNING: Open E Cry

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Forrest Gump Jr, Mar 19, 2008.

1. I believe these disconnects are temporary and will be resolved soon. I wouldn't give up OEC's superior software and API, fast data and execution, good customer service and better commissions yet.

#41     Mar 22, 2008
  2. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

I'd agree, the stability of their platform was again no where near acceptable last week - not even close. Like most on here I had a combination of:
    - disconnects (<5)
    - price & DOM freezes (<10 on ave for about 10-30secs)
    - s/w bugs remain since the last release

Oddly enough for me their performance last week OVERALL was better relative to the previous few weeks (yes, i know says *uck all really)

So, its time to check out other options .....

#42     Mar 22, 2008
  3. Today's Open E Cry Report Card for 3/24=Passing Grade.

Most importantly, I was only on-line for a couple of hours today and there appeared to be NO pauses of data feed or disconnections. However, other people might have had problems.

I'll have a better analysis tomorrow 3/25, as I will be trading most of the day.

I hope everyone else experiencing said issues, did not encounter any problems today. If you did, please let everyone else know what type of problem and at what time, if possible.

Thank you.

#43     Mar 24, 2008
  4. Fine here all day as well; I was online all day.

#44     Mar 24, 2008
  5. no problems here as well. on all day

#45     Mar 24, 2008
  6. rickf

rickf

No problems for me today.

#46     Mar 24, 2008
  7. svrart

svrart

hi,

just wondering if everything is ok at open ecry. I had sent an email to their sales before opening an account and they did not even reply back. its now been 3 days. usually brokers fall over each other to answer pre sales stuff. (post sales is of course another story).

svr

#47     Mar 25, 2008
  8. rickf

rickf

I just sent OEC a note asking about their demo accounts. I've got a live and fully-funded trading account, but based on what I've seen, would have to pay $25/mo for a demo account even though I am a 'live' customer. I pray that I mis-read that, though.

A paper-trading account is crucial to my trading plans, and I am a bit taken aback that OEC would charge their 'live' customers to keep such a basic feature of a futures trading environment. As much as I appreciate their commissions and the ease of their trading platform, this might be a deal-breaker for me in using them as a futures broker.....which IMHO would be a shame, as I have come to really like their platform.

Hopefully I just mis-read things on their site about being charged for a demo account.

*grumbles*

#48     Mar 25, 2008
  9. HUGE RED FLAG. Imagine how this potentially translates into POST SALES support and even tech support.

#49     Mar 25, 2008
  10. u guys are a bit too critical.

#50     Mar 25, 2008