WARNING: Open E Cry

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Forrest Gump Jr, Mar 19, 2008.

1. robfingas

robfingas

same thing was happening to me all day today, maybe 5-10 times total for 5-30 seconds each time. i just got off the phone with their support guy and he told me that it must be on my end because "the one problem we had took a day or two to fix but has been running smoothly since last Thursday."

i guess its time to upgrade my 6 week old computer? :confused:

#31     Mar 20, 2008
  2. Today's Open E Cry Report Card=F for Failure!

I had;

(2) disconnects over 2-minutes long

(8) data feed pauses all approximately 30-seconds.

I hope no scalper's utilize Open E Cry platform! If someone does and you received bad fills and/or delayed order execution. This is the reason why!

#32     Mar 20, 2008
  3. Guys, Guys - Ninja Trader with zenfire feed is SOLID, imo move on.

#33     Mar 20, 2008
  4. i agree. thats exactly what i did over a year ago . learned the hard way unfortunately system dome displaying bad data cost me $11k after order desk and tech support said all was ok and problem was corrected. rick tomsic very promptly reminded me that i had no recourse as traders are responsible for verifying that data is correct.stinko firm stinko platform . using ninja trader platform with zenfire routing with my backup acct ... infinitya/t platform routing thru transact . never had a problem w either . better commissions, faster fills ,data that never misses a beat . openecry has had this problem for some time and has never addressed it because they cannot be held accountable . they need to learn that its a very big world ! shit service and bad data can be found anywhere .

#34     Mar 20, 2008
  5. ryank

ryank

I'm downloading Ninja right now, will play with it when the market is open. I think I have been more than patient with OEC.

#35     Mar 20, 2008
  6. I'm starting to think that these guys working at OEC are a bunch of amateurs..

#36     Mar 21, 2008
  7. try velocity futures man

#37     Mar 21, 2008
  8. Growth of new accounts, more data and trades now flowing through the pipes will severely hurt any execution firm who can not ramp up their exchange connection pipes and deal with the explosive amounts of data on time sales, orders, messages and fills.

You overload your severs and can not expand your server rack than you got problems.....i do not know the issues at OEC but i do know this is a problem for even the biggest FCM's.........I do use Pat stuff through Zen Fire and he did cover all this with me and is as transparent as they come.......Top notch.

The Ninja platform could use some more features and a better DOM but they are not going to do anything unless demand from their traders is enough to get them to work.

I have asked Ray for a Professional version with some added tools but it comes down to them getting more screens and users and if the features are not requested by some large percent of their traders than noda.......this is a problem for me but I am in the minority of this Ninja group and this may be looking for a better trading tool as it has cost me 10's of thousands of dollars by simply not being able to change the size of my orders fast enough and when you scale out you next to use that wheel after your initial orders.......for a scalper that just does not cut it.

I hate to go back to TT but it comes down to keeping up with your base of users and if they need more tools and features than the software must keep up or they will lose business.

#38     Mar 21, 2008
  9. Anyone who would be in tough shape due to a few minutes of outage is not a particularly robust or decent trader.

A system or method needs to be able to withstand many things - power outage, internet outage, broker outage, etc. etc.

If an occasional 2 minute outage puts someone in peril, then they are either way overleveraged or way too absorbed.

#39     Mar 21, 2008
  10. If you would have even bothered to read what has taken place you would have noticed the broker has had major problems for 6 straight weeks NOW !

#40     Mar 21, 2008