Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. fanews

fanews

it's not a SCAM but the price is a bit expensive for the 'training'

a course in college cost $1000..

why should learning trading be any different in cost.

why do you guys think a pro should teach you for 'free'

go buy a book and learn it yourself and don't waste my time.

lawyers charge $200-$800/hour for their time.

a plumber charged me $200/hour to fix my plumbing $200 for 1 hour of plumbing work.

a scam is if you are 'ripped' and lost money or mislead. these guys are upfront on their price and course material.

#51     Apr 12, 2011
  2. emg

emg

3. Disagree. There is no barrier to entry to "teach" trading. College Professors need PhD's, Plumbers need to be certified, Lawyers need to pass the Bar Exam.

The Pro traders who teach, are not real pro traders otherwise they would not be teaching for $$--- for free, sure, but not for cash. Just ask to see audited statements, ask to observe their trading for a week, ask for clients with whom they manage money for--- RARE is the guru who will produce any of these things.

#53     Apr 12, 2011
  4. fanews

fanews

I read the material and it's good course material.

The knowledge on trading can be found in the library.

if these students are morons and got a F in their trading exam it's not the schools fault.

all the gurus write trading/investing books.

the market for trading education is very small. most people won't pay $5000 for the training. or can't afford it.

and if you get hired at a hedge fund or prop firm they have month UNPAID training.

do you think somebody will let a newbie with zero trading experience manage firm capital and have zero experience?

#54     Apr 12, 2011
  5. Will never happen ...cannot audit 'educators' who pretend to trade.

NiN

#55     Apr 12, 2011
  6. dsave

dsave

Ya I've been following the ES and CL journals, learned a lot so far, but was hoping to get a heavy dose of learning. I've read a lot of books too, and will continue, I guess you can say I am trying to diversify my learning channels.

#56     Apr 12, 2011
  7. Cotton

Cotton

Well said. It's not for everyone but maybe for some.

#57     Apr 12, 2011
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

Sounds like you're way ahead of me. (happens a lot. :) )

Let us know if you're happy with the cd's if you decide to go that way.

#58     Apr 12, 2011
  9. dsave

dsave

I doubt I'm ahead, but I'm trying my best to get there. I'll wait for a bit more input
    and will see what I think then, but right now a $50 expense seems like an acceptable tradeoff to satisfy my curiosity.

#59     Apr 12, 2011
  10. ask to see statements, then let us know what they tell you.

surf:D

#60     Apr 12, 2011