Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Hi everyone. came upon this site after receiving an invitation from the OT people.

Have any of you ever wondered why these "Give us thousands and we'll show you how to make millions" people/companies/classes etc." bother selling there "Secrets" for such a meager pittance? :confused:

If what their selling is so lucrative they would have to be retarded at best if they were to waste their time (time= money right?) teaching everyday folks how to make phenomenal profits when they could be making those profits themselves. The worst of which sometimes claim things like "Now that I'm filthy stinking rich, its my mission in life to share my invaluable knowledge with you..for a small fee of course."

the fact is , its more lucrative to "SELL THE DREAM" then to apply what they sell to real life market conditions because they KNOW the market offers no guarantees.. Unlike a room full of gullible, desperate, uninformed dreamers..hell, that's money in the bank!

Just in case anyone's wondering, there is no method invented as of yet that can predict the future with anything close to consistancy.

Until that day comes there will always be those who infer that they have a system/course/class etc that's the next best thing to a crystal ball.

Remember the Gold Rush in the late 1800's?

The people who made the most money were the folks selling the shovels, picks, pans etc. not the prospectors.

SELLING THE DREAM has always been more lucrative then the dream itself.

:cool:

#41     Feb 23, 2011
  2. Exactly. Don't get me wrong.....Trading Academy people were very nice and professional. The program was just not for me, that's all. Newbies ? I am sure they could benefit ?
    Is it worth the high fee ?
    Only You can decide.

#42     Feb 23, 2011
  3. greetings everyone,

ever wonder why the "give us thousands of dollars and we'll teach you to make millions" guys waste their time ( time = money if I recall) bother wasting daylight selling their "secret formulas" instead of utilizing their amazing wisdom to enrich themselves with their unpresentented cash generating systems?

maybe, just maybe, because they've figured out that the market offers no guarantee of a profit whereas a room full of gullible, get rich quick dreamers probably have a couple-three chairs occupied by a financially qualified sucker or two.

remember the 1800s gold rush? the ones who made the most money are the ones who sold the shovels, pails, pick-axes and pans..not the prospectors.

-JBQ

#43     Feb 23, 2011
  4. For all you naysayers who continue to degrade Online Trading Academy... please visit the link below for the results of the 2011 FXStreet.com Best Awards winners... in it you will see that the Vice President of Education for OTA, Sam Seiden was awarded top honors in 3 categories - Best Educator, Best Webinar, and Best Educational Content... enough said:

http://mediaserver.fxstreet.com/Rep...608a/dad472cc-21fb-4f81-9179-2e50c7329348.pdf

#44     Feb 26, 2011
  5. I didn't degrade them. For some, they are a good solution. The big question is VALUE. Their fee per hour is very high IMHO.
    If they could show a commissurate per hour return from trading to offset that fee, that would be great.
    But they don't.

#45     Feb 26, 2011
  6. dsave

dsave

Are their home study courses a decent option?

#46     Apr 12, 2011
  7. Very basic... More of a high level overview on a number of topics. Certainly a decent option for anyone who is brand new to the markets.

Folks- keep this in mind--- depending on where in the country u live, sales practices from OTA offices will vary-- and yes-- some will rub u wrong. Regardless however- these "educational counselors" ARE NOT the instructors... and have zilch to do about the educational content. For all who disagree--- keep on trading... that way you're on the other side of my trades.

#47     Apr 12, 2011
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

A buddy of mine went to one their free intro classes the other day. He said their tech analysis materials were 2500 bucks. He said they were teaching basic patterns and MA crossover crap.

Short answer based on his findings: No.

You'd be better off by simply getting a copy of Edwards and Magee.

#48     Apr 12, 2011
  9. dsave

dsave

I could never afford to pay that much. I was thinking more along the lines of the $50 CD's they sell, or the set that goes for like $400. Thinking to try one CD, and if it is useful, get a set. Interested in the E-mini set. But everyone seems to only have experience with the live classes. Thanks for your help.

#49     Apr 12, 2011
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Might be worth a shot. I guess I'm more of a book guy, and I'm always reluctant to give these places any money.

If I were you, I'd start reading the CL redux thread in real time while following along with a /CL chart. (sign up for a think or swim demo account if you don't have access to real time futures) The learning curve may be a little steep, but the same basic principles apply as with the ES. The /CL is just a crazy sob where everything happens a hell of a lot faster.

And pay close attention to Mama NoDoji. She knows her sh.t.

Good luck.

#50     Apr 12, 2011