Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. The sheep go on the attack. Just as predicted. LOL, you guys should be comedians.

It's very simple, and we can all agree on this point Im sure, for anyone who is considering taking a class at this place, or any other place whatsoever, the last people to take advise from is people who have not been to the school or taken courses there.

I will say this, however, and it is probably the only negative thing I experienced there, their sales staff needs improvement. It did feel like being at a car dealership, but then again that may just be me, I hate salespeople. Had I not done my research already about the school before going to their seminar, the sales people would have turned me off so I see how some people have a problem with them.

Before taking the course, I had been to their website, watched all of the videos, asked EXPERIENCED traders, not these cyber-clowns that post on this board about something they know nothing of, about the reputation of that place and I found that it was definitely worth taking a look into to say the least. I then went to their presentation and liked the style of the instructor, and signed up. It didn't require any sales since I had already done my due diligence, however, I did hassle them to get a discount which they will give you if you pretend not to be interested.

For the person who is reading this and is looking to take a class there, or anywhere else, you are on the right path, even if you end up taking a class elsewhere, this is the way to approach trading, learn at a place which is reputable ask around before making that decision. Don't listen to these losers here, they've probably already lost their weekly checks to the pros or market makers, and here they are, on a Sunday afternoon picking a cyberfight about something they no nothing of.

EliteTrader.com is a great source of free information, no-one can deny that I myself have been using it for many years even before signing up for an account, but you have to know how to filter the noise or you risk ending up like a these losers here on this post.

Best of luck guys!!!! Keep the jokes coming!!!!

:D :D

#21     Nov 15, 2009
  2. LOL, nothing wrong with free pizza, but these people are upset that the school didn't give them the entire course in one day for free, including the free slice.

#22     Nov 15, 2009
  3. Just as I thought, boomberg is an OTA co. guy.

#23     Nov 15, 2009
  4. "I know someone who taugh for OTA and he, in my mind (won't name names), didn't trade and was a total fraud. "

Best of luck to you, I bet you gave him your money that's why you're so bitter. Before I took the course I got to know the instructor by speaking with him after the presentation.

No, there is no accredited day trading education I am aware of.

This is good for beginners but I was not a beginner and valued the course. At least at my presentation they didn't offer the "edge" that you mention, they offered to teach you how to trade and set up a good trading plan along with learning instructor's style of trading and live trading alongside the instructor with their cash. That's all they offered.

It is costly, agreed, but there are prop firms charging more than that. Before paying that much $$$ do your research, ask real traders what they think. I did.

They are salespeople after all, call Goldman Sachs and tell them you have $$$ for them, see if you don't get the same pitch from their brokers. A salesman is a salesman, wherever you go.

"you got taken and their education will end up being a liability and put your backwards."

Not how I see it, I was going backwards before taking course, Im not a billionaire but am moving forward.

I've read enough posts to know that there are people who have nothing to do but write comments all day about things they have no knowledge of."

How do we know you are different? "

Because I have taken the course, I am not talking out of my *ss.

#24     Nov 15, 2009
  5. Lol, nope, I do not work for them, I don't know or keep in touch with anyone there nor do I have any financial interest there. I don't know your names and couldn't care less what you do with your money.

I did take the course and am voicing my opinion. I find it unfair that you are pretending to give advice on this message board to people who have no clue about trading, about something you know nothing about.

On that note, something tells me you work for their competitors ... hmm ...

:D

#25     Nov 15, 2009

6. OK, you got me boomberger. But at least we have a super bowl winning coach on our team. :) :D

#26     Nov 15, 2009
  7. PPT

PPT

Hmmmm...so he was a nice guy? Did you ask to see audited results? NO. Did you ask to see his trading account? No.

Goldman sachs is PUBLIC and has audited trading accounts.

That's why they are a billion times bigger than OTA.

Of course I didn't give those idiots money. I'm not that stupid.

Next time some idiot wants your money, ask them to PROVE they deserve it. Ask for results....It's THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.

Why would they waste time selling crap and not simply use their system to make money?

Why teach how to take their edge? LOL

only morons learn this way

#27     Nov 15, 2009
  8. Who is saying THEY are going to invest MY money? Who audits a school for their financial records? LOL What are you talking about? Who is saying OTA is bigger than Goldman?Did you hit the bottle before that post? Are you okay there? You're sounding like a drunken sailor.

"Why would they waste time selling crap and not simply use their system to make money?"

Who said they had a "money making system"? What are you talking about? Again, please, don't drink and post, you don't make any sense.

#28     Nov 15, 2009
  9. Here's another genius!!! LOL

#29     Nov 15, 2009
  10. I usually refrain myself from getting into these bickering and pissing contests. I consider them time wasting.

It seems that on ET anybody who stood up for some products and services is automatically a shill.

Let me just say something here: I have taken the 7-day Pro Trader class from OTA a while back. I like the course in general. But there are certain aspects of the curriculum I didn't like. I have presented my view extensively in another thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133304

I thought we are beating a dead horse to deader than dead already. I have no further eval to give other than what I already did.

I paid my $5000+ or whatever at the time for my class. I like it that I got it back through commission rebates as I trade actively.

Some believes in paying for education. Some believes in everything should be free. It is all in the eyes of the beholder. You may believe in paying every vendor a fair price for any service you receive. Or you may believe everything on the street is free for the taking. I paid my tuition and spent my time taking the class. I consider it worthwhile with the commission rebates.

Am I a profitable trader? Yes. I have been trading for a living now for a few years. Did what I learn from the OTA class make me profitable? Some of it. Not entirely. It's a combination of what I learned (or got re-enforced by them) and my other self-studying endeavors. Can you be profitable without OTA? Hell yes! Anybody can. Can anybody be a brain surgeon without going through a medical school by reading enough books? Maybe. I wouldn't say no. Anybody can become successful in what he/she chooses to do it he/she is determined enough without any formal education. (Who taught the first teacher?)

So... prove to us that you are profitable! I submit my trading account statements. It must be audited! So I get some auditor to audit the authenticity of the statements. So how can we trust the auditor? The back and forth will just go on and on. And by the way... why would I spend my money to hire auditors to prove the trustworthiness of my bank statements, and my time doing so, to a bunch of strangers on an online forum???

Here is some honest advice: spend less time trolling online boards and blowing whistles. Nobody owes you nothing in this this (trading) world. Go ahead and attend all the freebie sessions and eat all the free pizzas, sandwiches, candies, whatever. I think they don't mind whether or not you sign up for the class. It's all part of their business costs. They are after those who show some interests in their services. If you don't like what you see, that's okay. By talking other attendees out of taking the class... well, I think that's uncourteous. If you feel so strongly about OTA, you might as well wave a sign outside the hotel saying "OTA sucks".

It seems that now some of you no longer have a Alex Puretick to kick around, you just need to find another punch bag to let out anger and frustrations in trading.

Sure you can find a lot of information on the Internet for free. Some are good. But much are questionable. Or at least not applicable to you. Now you say someone should gather all the good ones and present them to you all in one place. And do it for free. Yeah, right.

So go ahead and call me a shill or whatever label you want to use (some ET'ers just love to label people). Because I don't give a damn. I only have my own trading account to report to.

You know what? If you spend more time in studying the markets and your own trades and learn something from them, with the same determinations and vengeance that you would trashing other people's posts, you just might become profitable than remain a frustrated trader so much sooner.

#30     Nov 15, 2009