Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Probably 90+% of newer traders use classic TA. And they say over 90+% of traders lose their money.

If a trading method (edge) worked well, almost NOBODY would be selling it in a 7 day course. But text book TA? That is a safe sell...

#11     Nov 10, 2009
  2. The point is, everyone needs education, whether it be for fixing cars or trading your hard earned money. Your overinflated egos cannot seem to grasp this concept and so you end up here, badmouthing a school just because they try to sell you their services as opposed to offering them for free.

I truly believe that even if they offered free advice, or gave their classes away for free you still wouldn't listen, because you don't need education, you know it all already. You can do it yourself right? Google the terms and read it yourself, just like a modern day Sherlock. Sadly you are far from innovative, you are just joining the herd. Everyone want's something for nothing. You can't put a price on education, it's up to you, donate the 5k to the market makers, or spend it on a good education.

I do not work for this company and have no affiliation with them. I have taken their one week course, and I can tell you being a swing trader for several years and most recently having made the move to day-trading, it was worth it.

There is never a shortage of people like you, who go to the free presentations, step into their paid hotel space, eat their pizza and take their free materials expecting to get something for nothing, thinking that they are going to give you the meat of their education just because you sit and act obnoxious during the presentation raising your hand and asking stupid questions, as if you're being inovative, as if the presenters don't get boneheads like you showing up to every presentation, you are a sad breed my friend.

But even worse, you get on this message board, which is supposed to be a source of credible information, or at least that is it's purpose, and offer advice about something you have no idea about.

Agree or disagree, I am not here to get into a cyberfight with a herd of sheep I've read enough posts to know that there are people who have nothing to do but write comments all day about things they have no knowledge of.

All I am saying is this, you NEED education, I have paid for and taken the "online trading academy" basic course, and even though I have experience trading, I am happy with the what I learned there and it was a great investment on my part. Had I had a different experience, and thought that it was a waste of money, I would speak my mind and tell you that I hated it.

As for their other courses, the forex, options, extended learning course etc. I cannot speak on this subject as I have not taken them yet, once I take those courses I will be glad to share my experiences, good or bad, one thing I will not do is speak of something I have absolutely no knowledge of.

Don't take my word for it, talk to successful traders, do your own due diligence, just don't count out a school just because some Mr. Know-it-All gets on here and badmouths a source of education because they actually wanted to be paid for their services.

#12     Nov 15, 2009
    Paulds11 likes this.
  3. Lethn

Lethn

I think some people here need to learn the difference between Education and Learning.

#13     Nov 15, 2009
  4. PPT

PPT

When you say "You NEED Education" you are assuming this is actually education at an 'accredited' level. This is like saying, everyone needs a fund manager, so give your money to a guy named Bernie Madoff. And people did, en masse. I know someone who taugh for OTA and he, in my mind (won't name names), didn't trade and was a total fraud.

Maybe this is OK for complete beginners who drink the kool-aid and can't understand the mind games they play with you (making you think they understand the market and have an edge). However, then it comes down to a price point.

on a price point level, this place is a joke.

the fact that you called this "good education" is comical. Call their phone number and listen to their salespeople. Then go with your gut. Why do they want your money so bad?

LOL

you got taken and their education will end up being a liability and put your backwards.

"I've read enough posts to know that there are people who have nothing to do but write comments all day about things they have no knowledge of."

How do we know you are different?

#14     Nov 15, 2009
  5. BLOOMBERG,

To prove your honesty and our honesty as skeptics i propose the following.
    For your $6k which you felt was worth it, I am sure you learned at least 100 new things. Tell us one of them, and lets see if we can find at least one poster here who has posted it in the past, or we can goog it and find it for free.
    Fair enough?

#15     Nov 15, 2009
  6. After a re-read of boombergs post, I suspect he might be an OTA company guy. Some of the phrases and wording is the same I have heard on the adverts. Is it you?

#16     Nov 15, 2009
  7. trendo

trendo

What's the difference between learning and education?

Thank you.

#17     Nov 15, 2009
  8. shill

#18     Nov 15, 2009
  9. trendo

trendo

Yeah, the nerve of some people who don't sign up for a $6,000 course when they've just been given a free slice of pizza! Do they not understand the concept of "free?" Do they not understand the concept of "pizza?" Apparently not!

#19     Nov 15, 2009
  10. gaj

gaj

i've seen some of OTA's videos.

they're not helpful to me, but they're not awful either.

if you're the kind of person who needs a teacher (not a book / msg board) to learn, the videos are fine.

obviously, you need lots of screen time as well, but that's true of any training method.

all in all, the warning really isn't called for.

#20     Nov 15, 2009