Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Typical response-- which is a lack of one thereof....

You simply do not know what you are talking about.

I have been candid and upfront about OTA-- I wouldn't trade the thousands of $ I have invested with them for my trading education. I am however also a realist. I have explained that the CDs are basic info-- that the live classes are the advanced offerings... I have explained briefly the concept behind a franchise model and how the naysayers are off base in their assumptions. I have pointed out that the "education counselors" are not the teachers... I have addressed all the negativity on this board-- there will not be one shred of postings that you can find from me that should cause one to think twice about taking a closer look at what OTA has to offer. You are off base my friend.

#111     Apr 26, 2011
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Speaking strictly for myself, I wouldn't use tinkertoy indicators like CCI or MACD, having moved beyond them to something more advanced. And if I was being charged kilobucks for trader training and somebody started wasting my time with losers like MACD, I'd be PISSED. :mad:
    Levels? You mean like support and resistance, which get blown through routinely? No, thanks, I'm happy having learned how to judge the validity and strength of a trend. Much more profitable.
    LMAO! This is without a doubt the LAMEST excuse for not answering a question I've seen in ET, outside of the Politics and Religion forum of course.

#112     Apr 27, 2011
  3. Impossible to give you an answer in the space provided.[/QUOTE]LMAO! This is without a doubt the LAMEST excuse for not answering a question I've ever seen in ET, and I'm somebody who has hung out in the Politics and Religion forum where lame-excuse making is an artform for some. [/QUOTE]

What is lame is someone who has spent a ton of time creating over 2000 posts on a message board forum.

And for the record- no I was not talking about support and resistance... but comes as no surprise that u thought that was what i referring to...

It is clear you have a narrow scope of trading knowledge... hence the mindset typically of naysayers here that feel that everything one needs to know about trading is available "for free"....

I stand 100% by my comment- there is absolutely no way to list everything that is taught... feel free to use that as a chastisement... you obviously have the time to spend another 2000 posts I'm sure...

And no-- I was not asking the question about CCI or MACD because I thought they were the cure-all to indicators... quite the opposite actually. My point was all indicators are lagging however there are appropriate uses for them to enhance your probabilities with price being the foremost decision making factor.

#113     Apr 27, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

2000 posts over a six-year period is hardly an obsession. Not that I expect you to be capable of doing the math. :D
    I never said anything about everything being available "for free". What I've learned certainly wasn't free, it cost me years of research and I won't be disclosing it to the public in this lifetime.
    Nobody asked you to list EVERYTHING that was taught, just the stuff that isn't already in the public domain. If you can't tell the difference, that's just one more reason to question your "training".
    Do you even know the performance stats on tinkertoy indicators? They tend to be abysmal. Something else you didn't learn from your overpriced "training" at Online Scam Academy. LMFAO!!!

#114     Apr 27, 2011
  5. AK100

AK100

RiffRaff

As another poster said you've done some damage to Online Training Academy with your posts. You've made them look arrogant and aggressive but seeing how much they charge for their courses that's probably right.

Can anyone believe they'll try and take you for $10,000+ and I'd bet a serious amount of money that all they've done is repackaged basic information that's available everywhere on the web for free so by the time the poor person has taken the course and spent some time in the markets he'll realise he's been taught nothing that original.......

Sorry but for that sort of money I want quality training and really good information, not your "Understanding the uses of Moving Averages and CCI".

#115     Apr 27, 2011
  6. You see u just don't get it. Making an assumption once again that I am talking about using them in the traditional sense of buy and sell indications they produce...

#116     Apr 27, 2011
  7. LOL "arrogant and aggressive" eh? Interesting... I've literally seen them offer the first 2 days of a 7 day protrader course for free with a 'walk away no questions ask no charge' approach for those that are doubtful... pretty arrogant and aggressive....???

And it sounds like you will never find out for sure that what they offer is anything but what is available for free...LOL Do u honestly think I would be a proponent after spending $ 15k if that were the case???

I love how my comment about MACD and CCI has everyone all ruffled thinking they have it figured out what I meant by asking that...

#117     Apr 27, 2011
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

We'll never find out because you refuse to simply answer the question. I honestly think you won't answer because it is so embarrassing for you.

Nobody is expecting you to reveal secret techniques, just a broad description of what nonpublic trading knowledge if any that you were taught. For example during the course of my research I learned about an unconventional but nonadaptive moving average that is simultaneously faster (less laggy) and smoother (less noisy) than a 4-bar simple moving average. Now it's easy to find MAs faster than SMA4 and it's easy to find MAs smoother than SMA4 but finding one that is both at the same time is not easy at all. I seriously doubt your $15K at a franchise school bought you that sort of knowledge. But feel free to prove me wrong.

#118     Apr 27, 2011
  9. JMA? Jurik?

#119     Apr 27, 2011
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

No, Jurik's MA is adaptive. I specified nonadaptive for precisely that reason. Nor am I talking about any other blackbox MA; I know the formula.

And once again you've failed to answer the question.

#120     Apr 27, 2011