Warning: Online Trading Academy (tradingacademy.com)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderZones, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Impossible to give you an answer in the space provided.

The only thing not lagging and the most pure indication of the predictability of a stock's future movement would be price itself, would you not agree? With that in mind- Tell me your definition of a strong level vs a weak level/noise?

#101     Apr 26, 2011

2. This is a competitive business, people generally keep their edge to themselves, not sell it via a franchise model.

I read the website-- why are the dozens of "gifted traders" listed as instructors not trading but teaching for a fee? How did they find so many "gifted traders" In the first place, not to mention willing to take such a small stipend to teach?

#102     Apr 26, 2011
  3. What leads you to believe that instructors aren't trading? What leads you to believe there is a "small stipend"?

#103     Apr 26, 2011
  4. AK100

AK100

Just out of interest re your franchise business.

My friend knows nothing about trading but is looking for something to do. Could he therefore buy a franchise from you, get trained and then start teaching people how to trade?

If so you'd have somebody who's never traded before teaching people how to be profitable traders. Something very wrong there me thinks.

But say you refuse him because he has no trading experience.

So I have another friend who I know for a fact loses money in the market (stocks) but he does have experience. So what if he buys your franchise, takes your training and then goes on to teach people how to make money in the markets, even though he constantly loses. Again, something wrong.

This is what I have a really hard time understanding, the whole turnkey franchise idea in regards to what is probably one of the hardest jobs in the world - successful trading.

#104     Apr 26, 2011
  5. I'm assuming your directing your question to the Director of Franchise operations.... however as a trader and student of OTA-- I can't help but respond...

It is yet again fascinating to me that you have not really stopped to intellectually think through the whole idea of a franchise model. It is very easy to see how you have arrived at your basis for skepticism-- extreme shortsightedness.

Here's a tidbit of insight for you-- instructors with trading experience travel to OTA centers to teach live classes. OTA centers have "education counselors"... which is a fancy name for a salesperson.

#105     Apr 26, 2011
  6. Will the instructors show their P&L statements and trade live in class?

#106     Apr 26, 2011
  7. emg

emg

let me ask u this. Are u helping academy out by giving good names or are u harming them. If u reread your posts, u are actually giving the academy a bad name.

Instead of attacking ET handlers, why not write something so fascinating about your school. for example, how did the school help u become a successful traders. Do u own a BMW or a Ferrari? Do u smoke cigar everday? Do u own a mansion in bel air L.A?

#107     Apr 26, 2011
  8. I have no idea... never asked. Why? Because I am extremely anal retentive and have always preferred to spend hours of backtesting the principles taught via the charts to see if there is BS or not.

The instructors take live trades all the time in the XLT webinars, however I believe none are done in personal accounts... in addition there are "Pro Picks" that define trading opportunities whether it be swing/positon/intraday and the levels and potential entries/exits/targets... these are presented well in advance of the price being at those levels- so it is very easy to test and judge...

Remember- it is very easy to be a swing trader and teach as well.

#108     Apr 26, 2011

9. LOL what r u talking about? How did I give them a bad name?

#109     Apr 26, 2011
  10. emg

emg

reread your posts. if u cant figure out, that is too bad.

Good Luck in your trading

Im out

#110     Apr 26, 2011