Warning MB TRADING filled my limit order wrong plce

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by manz66, Apr 23, 2007.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

If I were him I think I'd do all 3 (JD, joint and beer) and then get this thread deleted before anyone else is able to read it.

#21     Apr 23, 2007
  2. You placed a Sell Limit order @1.9970 at 9:26:01, when the bid was apparently at 1.9984. You were instantaneously filled at the bid @1.9984, also at 9:26:01. That's the definition of price improvement.

Where price was going (eventually) or where price bottomed out are both irrelevant to the issue of price improvement.

We already know that, according to you, you really meant to place a Sell Stop order @1.9970. However, the platform is not a mind reader (bummer) and followed your instructions rapidly and precisely.

On your list of brokers, both MBT and IB expect you to understand and employ all the standard order types: Stop, Limit, Stop Limit, Market, Trail and so on. By contrast, Oanda and FXDD -- and many other retail forex-only dealers where you'd probably learned the mechanics of online direct access trading -- do not distinguish between Stop and Limit orders. Please tell me this isn't news to you?!

Listen to me now and believe me later: I would very, very highly recommend that you STOP making any additional comments. With every new post, you're only digging yourself deeper... as impossible as that would seem.

#22     Apr 23, 2007
  3. Rocko1

Rocko1

Oops, just realized that MB didn't do anything wrong... god now i feel dumb too

#23     Apr 23, 2007
  4. Manz,

The problem is YOUR fault, not MB.

Additionally, MBTSteve has responded directly to you, offering to investigate the matter and make it good *if* MB is at fault.

You are lucky you chose to do business with such an upstanding company. Get off your blameless ass, have it researched by the ones who can help, and learn from YOUR mistake.

#24     Apr 23, 2007
  5. You my friend, are an idiot.

You placed a limit order for 1.997.

The current market price (apparently) was 1.9984, which means your limit order was a marketable order, and gets filled right away at the market price.

Learn how the orders work before you start bitching.

#25     Apr 23, 2007
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

sell STOP LIMIT order is pretty complicated. I remember I had to create many graphic file plus live example to teach a person what it is. But now there is plenty of resource on the net to explain exactly how it works.

#26     Apr 23, 2007
  7. It sounds like he didn't set a stop, he just put a straight limit order, and is complaining that his marketable order got filled like it was supposed to.

#27     Apr 23, 2007
  8. Bob111

Bob111

#28     Apr 23, 2007
  9. He's complaining.

He started 2 threads slagging MB in the title.

And he revealed that he didnt know the difference between a stop limit and a limit. And, darwin applies here, he blamed MB for filling his limit not realizing he really meant to use a stop order (surely MB should know that!)

Evolution in Action.

(just glad he's with MB and not IB)

#29     Apr 23, 2007
  10. This is quite the entertaining thread. These are the kinds of people that are trading? When you can't even place the order on your entry system correctly (if you even know what type of order you need), it's time to revisit your idea of trading to make money.

This is just too funny.

Help, no idea why my limit filled at a better price than I specified! Help! My broker is cheating me!

Wow... When you are having a bad day, just come back to this thread for an idea of who is out there trading real money...

#30     Apr 24, 2007