Warning MB TRADING filled my limit order wrong plce

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by manz66, Apr 23, 2007.

1. manz66

manz66

That was a breakout trade, so I prefer it to be at 70 not at 84.

#11     Apr 23, 2007
  2. manz66

manz66

The price never reached 70.

#12     Apr 23, 2007

3. Then it needs to be a Sell stop Limit order. On the order screen you posted it doesn't look like a stop order, just a limit order.

#13     Apr 23, 2007
  4. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Manz,

May I make a suggestion? Please call us at MBT and let us help you. It sounds like you enterred a limit order and received a price improvement however my guess is that you meant to enter a stop order so that you would get filled once the price reached 70. Nevertheless, we can only help you if give us a call and let us research exactly what happened. I can assure you we are here to help and if there was an error on the MBT side we will correct it for you.

Regards,

Steve

#14     Apr 23, 2007
  5. Stok

Stok

Then I am right, it was a breakout trade on the downside for a short (in which the market was above your trade trigger)....you need a Sell STOP LIMIT order.

#15     Apr 23, 2007
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

They executed the trade at a BETTER price than you specified. How is that a problem? Rather than bitching you should be thankful for price improvement. However, if you screwed up the order type then that's 100% your problem and not theirs.

#16     Apr 23, 2007
  7. LOL. They executed exactly what you asked for ...

think of this as evolution in action --- evolve or extinct --- your choice

#17     Apr 23, 2007
  8. manz66

manz66

how can it be improvement when price was going up (2.0026) after it reached 1.9972, then it entered at 1.9984.

#18     Apr 23, 2007
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You entered a limit order for a short trade, correct? It executed at a HIGHER price than you specified ... that's price improvement. No different than wanting to go long a stock and getting executed BELOW your long entry price. That's what MBTX does .. searches for price improvement.

#19     Apr 23, 2007
  10. It's sad that people like you actually have access to significant trading capital. How and why is beyond me.

Calm the f**k down, drink a beer, take a shot of JD or smoke a joint, and then re-read your own posts slowly. Do it a few times.

Eventually it should hit you as to why you just made yourself look like a total retard.

#20     Apr 23, 2007