Warning: HLV Trading?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Don Bright, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Don,

I need to adjust my comments here, because I've never seen any kind of series of comments on the magnitude like yours, especially being a Prop Shop Owner. Normally comments like these come from traders who find departure in their best interests with the offending firm. However to see a business owner going at another business like that was out of the ordinary.

There remain a number or prop shops, or perhaps they no longer remain that might really deserve your comments and admiration :)D ), like AB Watley and their checkered past.

#21     Nov 30, 2003
  2. jeffgus

jeffgus

You are simply amazing. I doubt you will ever get IT. I think that your pistons have stop firing. Your brother should take away your keyboard.

#22     Nov 30, 2003
  3. chessman

chessman Guest

Unfortunately these days NY Sunday Times is full of these ad's. A lot of desperate people out there.

There was golden deal recently by another company, put up 5k, you're responsible for all the losses, but you get to keep only 55% of the profits, you're suppose to position trade but not allowed outright overnight positions, must hedge in QQQ's or SPY and pay a mere $1.65 in commissions.

An acquaintance of mine who is a realtor in NJ, whose previous investment experience is limited to getting a free subscription of Investors daily, thought it was a 'good' deal.

#23     Dec 1, 2003
  4. Why is someone "desperate" with $3,000? Why can't someone with $3,000 be hungry to get into the business, and go to a prop house for leverage and a chance to learn.

Why does someones deal have to be "sleazy" if he makes it clear he is targeting new traders trying to get into the business?

There are plenty of traders or would be traders who want to get involved that don't have $25k, prop houses have their place for newbies. I started at a prop house 2 yrs ago and now trade my own money, but wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that start.

If HLV is a legit place it will be here next year. Unless you have interviewed with them and have seen their trading methodology or how they mentor their traders personally, noone has a right to knock them.

Don Bright who is the most critical guy on this forum met the guy, and says he is OK. Give it a rest, we all can't start out as Goldman Sachs or have $100k to fund our account.

#24     Dec 1, 2003
  5. don bright, who are you? what do you do? and where are you going in this business?

who runs your firm while you are posting?

prune juice martini's?

#25     Mar 25, 2004
  6. Gee, thanks for asking...

www.donbright.com

LOL

Don

#26     Mar 25, 2004