Warning for posting in ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by WDGann, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Do you post what you know or think to be true which you cannot put into action?

This causes a lot of problems in real trading. It'll be long so I won't get into it into detail but you shouldn't post what you can't do.

The reason is simply, a matter of projection and expectation. You think something to be true and put yourself into what you "think" you need to do. This causes a bias in you.

Once you express yourself, unconsciously you cause yourself to "expect" the opinionated "projection".

Be honest in all causes and all levels. Seriously, honest in all terms of life is sooooooo ( again... sooooooooooo ) important to self-growth.

Anyways, happy holidays all.

PS. The click for this post comes from reading "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

2. Agreed, very much so. It is a god damn trap which you never want to fall into.

3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

YUP...you are right....nothing worse than putting your trading strategy on ET....and then having the NERVE to change your idea one iota.....everyone is all over you!
    Once I stopped posting my ideas and having to defend them.....it gave me a lot of free time to actually explore them. I am doing really well with the same old ideas I started with.....will wonders never cease.:)

4. who cares if you change your idea, how many people registered on this actually have real money, ($100,000+) ? I'd speculate that most on this site are pikers (less than$25,000) looking for handouts.

5. So do you know this to be true or do you just think it to be true because Napolean Hill wrapped it up in a pretty sounding package for you? :)

Gann, while your writing in the english has indeed improved since you began to post on this site, I eagerly await the day you can be more lucid with your thoughts, as I think we will have much to converse about...

PEACE and good-specul8tion