Warning: Don't trust IB's TWS Portfolio page or Trades Report for positions

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chud, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Robert, as a developer, I can imagine your frustration with their approach to releases. The worst part of it for me is that if I choose to stay on an earlier and more stable release, and something goes wrong, they have a gift-wrapped out: 'you failed to upgrade, your problem is not our fault'.

Really, IB's behaviour has been no different than any other massive bureaucracy.

I finally posted in response to the ridiculous shill who is always saying 'what's wrong with you, show me proof, why isn't anyone else complaining, it's your error' etc etc. I am happy to hear that you feel IB is improving. You would know better than any of us. As I have stated, I have had no real problems (yet). The benefits continue to outweigh the risks for me. I may eat my words, but I don't have much choice (and I often wonder why that is). I will continue to stress that I have never lost a cent as a result of problems with their buggy software. My only problems have been inconveniences... so far.

#51     Apr 19, 2009
  2. dhpar

dhpar

i strongly suggest traders/programmers to put OldTrader on ignore with respect to TWS threads. he is consistently destroying useful threads on TWS problems.

recently these threads are actually being used more often by IB staff as IB starts to work on its better public (retail) image. i know of few serious problems that were solved via ET complains!
    so please keep these threads coming. the idea is that if 2 people have the same problem than very likely it is IB who have a problem...no more screenshots needed...

#52     Apr 19, 2009
  3. Using your logic, when 2 people (you and powerfade) agree that I should be put on ignore, then you are "very likely" right.

So let me save you the time. ET and some of the dumbasses that post here has been wearing on me alot lately. It's a waste of time. So rather than put me on ignore, I'll simply stop posting.

Good luck to the real traders and adults who post on this site.

OldTrader

#53     Apr 19, 2009
  4. dhpar

dhpar

thank you - you got the point 150% right (with respect to stop posting in TWS threads).
    with respect to "logic" i'd rather not comment - you seem to be senile. :D

#54     Apr 19, 2009
  5. Hoi

Hoi

That would be a big loss...

#55     Apr 19, 2009
  6. Agree.

#56     Apr 19, 2009
  7. GTC

GTC

I actually experienced the problem that OP had. On the other hand, I would say IB's overall customer service--though still quite bad--has improved in the last one year.

#57     Apr 20, 2009
  8. bunkinc

bunkinc

I have experienced similar Portfolio page and Trades view reporting problems but only while trading near the midnight reset, and a local reset of TWS after remedied the problem. Note also that in the 3 times I've seen this problem the Account view "Portfolio" (though lagging by a few minutes) showed the proper positions. These 3 occurrences happened after the recent forced upgrade.

#58     Apr 20, 2009
  9. It has improved a lot over the past year, I have to agree with that. Hopefully it will improve more. I think they could keep more customers just by improving customer service, and making their tws improvements *major* once a year, with basic improves like security issues, etc as fast as possible. I really cant blame them for tws issues, since everybody has issues with new releases.

#59     Apr 20, 2009
  10. Sorry to see you leave this site, Oldtrader. I think you do have much knowledge to contribute to this site, and particularly to discussions about IB. I would much rather see you continue posting, while showing greater openmindedness and respect toward those who encounter bugs or have a viewpoint different from your own. I agree with some of your comments, and disagee with others, but I think your participation is valuable to all.

#60     Apr 21, 2009