Warning: Antispyware XP 2009

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Pekelo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

2. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I got nailed with one of those a few weeks ago. Was a major pain in the ass getting rid of it.:mad:

3. AVG just blocked one on my machine while I was browsing images on photobucket. It was called Antivirus 2009. I wonder if it's the same thing ??

That's the second time I've had something caught on photobucket. The last time was some kind of worm virus if I remember correctly. Watch out for that site.

4. copa8

copa8

i got one last month. kept getting this annoying popup message on my system tray "your computer has been infected..." and wanted me to download the antivirus program to get rid of the alleged infection. i wasn't able to open browsers like mozilla firefox & IE. tried to scan with windows defender, but it too was disabled. used a malware program and found & got rid of 98! :eek: everything seems ok, but windows defender is still messed up. can't install newer version as the previous version is still installed, but it can't be uninstalled since the infection.

5. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is OK, but there is something better and FREE

http://www.superantispyware.com/

When all else fails use the above link

6. subban

subban

Got this virus too. Effed up my whole system. Since I only use my laptop for surfing the net and I don't have much files saved on my hardrive, I just reformated my whole harddrive. Best solution as it gets rid of all viruses. Now I have mcafee and seems to be good in alerting me of spyware and deleteing it.

7. No problem here, I have a Mac Pro workstation for trading.

8. I got something in my windows defender. File name is gmgr0.dat and even after a format it still in the pc.

9. subban

subban

When you reformated, did you delete the whole harddrive or did you create a new partition and did'nt delete your old partition?

10. Tester

Tester

#10     Nov 6, 2008