War

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueHorseshoe, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Your argument doesn't hold because in that instance the curve would have flattened (toward inversion) but it didn't - the 2-10 spread steepened this past week for the first time in a long, long time.

#11     Mar 30, 2006
  2. Exodus

Exodus

If Iran gets the bomb the markets will be at 5000 by this time next year because it's all over folks and life as we know it will come to a stop because they will use it you can be sure of that.

#12     Mar 30, 2006
  3. I don't see that at all. People are adjusting by selling the long end as another rate increase becomes clear -- duration, convexity, etc... In fact, any pre-meeting steepening -- which I haven't checked -- would mean that expectations were moving towards more rate hikes rather than a halt.

Why would you expect a move towards inversion from pricing in another hike? The Fed certainly hasn't. This is Greenspan's conundrum.

#13     Mar 30, 2006
  4. 1000

The short end has to keep going up while the long end is low.

So I say we don't even have to go to war.

I suspect that there is going to be a debt default, as the foreigners can carry on buying all the US Treasury they want, but the US is under no obligation to pay off its debt.

So that Iran thing is just a smoke screen, because while Iran goes nuclear, Israel can act unilaterally. The US and Brits do not even have to get involved.

The whole world cannot stomach ONE US superpower, and for their lack of humility, the US is just going to stump them all with a debt default.

#14     Mar 30, 2006
  5. Hardly. The US is the most well-defended country in the world. And Isreal and Pakistan and India all have the bomb. And we all know how sane and rational those countries are! Not!
    Not to mention, N. Korea and China and Russia who have the same.

Please do not fall for the scare tactics. Mutally assured destruction was assured long ago.
    Check how much the US spends on defence each year. They need an ongoing enemy since the Cold War, it's very profitable.

#15     Mar 30, 2006
  6. Exodus

Exodus

Hello

The Leader of Iraq went on International TV and stated he wanted to wipe Isreal off the face of the map !!!

If that happens and he is insane enough to try.

It's over folks end of story.

#16     Mar 30, 2006
  7. It was the leader of Iran who said that you dumbass. But anyway the US can't give up in Iraq. Did we give up when the Krauts bombed Pearl Harbor, HELL NO!!!

...Rennick RAUS!!!

#17     Mar 30, 2006
  8. In the post World-War-II era, the U.S. has continuously maintained the ability to fight a war on two fronts. This makes sense. If one area of the globe flared-up, we could be confident of handling a second conflict.

The U.S., however, is now fighting a war on two fronts. If you are Iran, do you wait until your opponent is again in top shape, and then step into the ring? No. The time for Iran to assert themselves is now, not later. The problem for Iran (and hopefully it will continue to be a problem for any quasi-terrorist state going nuclear), is that the U.S. has reliable allies. Israel alone could punish Iran severely. Even Putin has been enlisted to lean on Iran. The U.S. has the deck stacked, and deliberately begin working toward this goal years ago.

#18     Mar 30, 2006
  9. Christ, dude.....you are giggler, aren't you.

honestly, why in the world would you do this nonsense?

I'm just curious?

Whomever you are actually...you're making an ass out of yourself.

#19     Mar 30, 2006
  10. It was a tribute to the late great John Belushi in his gung ho Animal House Speech. While you say I'M An ASS, i WOULD SUBMIT THAT YOU SIR ARE A DUMBASS.

#20     Mar 30, 2006