War!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Trump, once again, masterfully, has come out ahead by saving 150 Iranian lives.

#11     Jun 21, 2019
  2. lol, what a fucking moron you are, yeah sure, that was his life goal, to save 150 Iranians. Putin told him to simmer down and he listened like a good boy that he is.
    first, he tweets that he is going to kick some ass and then Putin's ultimatum comes out. his response was that I stopped the attack 10 minutes before it happens, cause I care about Iranians.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...warns-u-s-war-with-iran-would-be-catastrophic

#12     Jun 21, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  3. Not to mention I started loading up on CL calls when oil hit $55 going out to OCT/SEP. All this saber rattling means a very profitable Yom Kippur haha.

#13     Jun 21, 2019
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

#14     Jun 21, 2019
  5. Are George and Kellyanne just fucking with us....

#15     Jun 21, 2019
  6. Banjo

Banjo

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I've questioned it myself. Like, the money's gotta be out of this world and she probably enjoys being a giant troll.

#17     Jun 21, 2019
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

good call on Trump if these reports are true. Never mind it's a crisis of his own making for pulling out of the Iran deal, but it's chilling that he's the levelheaded one in his national security team.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/politics/trump-iran-strike.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/politics/donald-trump-iran-decision-details/index.html

That cautious mindset would hang over Trump's deliberations throughout the day as he huddled several times with his national security team, weighing a range of options for US retaliatory action. And after shedding those advisers who warned him of the consequences of withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal -- former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, former Defense Secretary James Mattis and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster, among others -- the President found himself surrounded by a phalanx of Iran hawks.

Chief among them, the President's national security adviser John Bolton led the charge in recommending the President move forward with military strikes, an administration official said. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence also supported moving forward with the strikes.

The recommendation to the President: strike three Iranian military targets -- a set of radars and missile batteries -- in a pre-dawn coordinated attack, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the operation.

A senior administration official said the President's entire team of top national security advisers believed military strikes were "appropriate response" to Iran's downing of a US drone.

"There was complete unanimity amongst the President's advisers and DOD leadership on an appropriate response to Iran's activities," the official said. "The President made the final decision."

Tellingly, the official noted that the unanimity on how to respond to Iran preceded the President's decision to call off the strikes.

#18     Jun 22, 2019
    LS1Z28 likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

I guess never mind

#19     Jun 22, 2019
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

#20     Jun 22, 2019