War with Russia ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joab, Jun 7, 2007.

1. tikutka

tikutka

Guys,to make the discussion a bit more stupid,I'll give you a reason for war between Russian Federation and United States.:D Interested?:confused: Here we go.It'll be Alaska.Putin desides that Russia has not enough land and wants USA to give Alaska back stating that Russian Emperor Alexander 2 sold it too cheap to States.Also Putin agrees to give money back with oil which USA needs so much.:D

#41     Jun 7, 2007
  2. Who Lost Russia?
    by Patrick J. Buchanan (More by this author)

Posted: 06/05/2007
    By 1988, Ronald Reagan, who had famously branded the Soviet Union "an evil empire," was striding through Red Square arm-in-arm with Mikhail Gorbachev. Russians were pounding both men on the back.

They had just signed the greatest arms reduction agreement in history -- eliminating all Soviet SS-20s targeted on Europe, in return for removal of the Pershing and cruise missiles Reagan had deployed in Europe.

"Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, But to be young was very heaven!" wrote Wordsworth about his first hearing the news of the fall of the Bastille.
    Many of us felt that way then.

Within three years, the Berlin Wall had come down, the puppet regimes of Eastern Europe had been swept away, Germany was reunited, the Red Army had gone home, the Soviet Empire had vanished and the Soviet Union had broken up into 15 nations. The Baltic republics were free. Ukraine was free.

Yet, on the eve of the G-8 summit, Vladimir Putin has announced that Russia would re-target missiles on NATO. We must, he said, counter Bush's decision to put anti-missile missiles in Poland and radars in the Czech Republic. Why are we doing this?

The United States says the ABM system in Europe is to defend against an Iranian attack. But Tehran has no atom bomb and no ICBM.

We appear to be headed for a second Cold War -- and, if we are, responsibility will not fully rest with the Kremlin. For among those who have mismanaged the relationship are presidents Clinton and Bush II, the baby boomers who appear to have kicked away the fruits of a Cold War victory won by their Greatest Generation predecessors.

How did they do it?

-- When the Red Army went home from Eastern Europe, the United States, in violation of an understanding with Moscow, began to move NATO east. We have since brought into our military alliance six former members of the Warsaw Pact and three former provinces of the Soviet Union: Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

-- Anti-Russia hawks are now pushing to bring Ukraine and Georgia into NATO. If they succeed, we could be dragged into future confrontations with a nuclear-armed Russia about who has sovereignty over the Crimea and whether South Ossetia should be part of Georgia.
    Are these vital U.S. interests worth risking a war? Why are we moving a U.S.-led military alliance into the front yard and onto the side porch of a country with thousands of nuclear weapons? Would we accept any commensurate Chinese or Russian move in the Caribbean?
    -- After Moscow gave us a green light to use the former Soviet republics of Central Asia to base U.S. forces for the Afghan war, the United States has sought permanent bases there. Russia and China have now united to throw us out of their back yard.

-- America colluded with Azerbaijan and Georgia to build a Baku-Tiblisi-Ceyhan pipeline to transmit Caspian Sea oil across the Caucasus to the Black Sea and Turkey, cutting Russia out of the action.

-- In 1999, the United States bombed Serbia 78 days to punish her for fighting to hold her cradle province of Kosovo, which Muslim Albanians were tearing away. Orthodox Russia had long seen herself as protectress of the Balkan Slavs. That Clinton ignored Russia in launching this unprovoked war on Serbia was seen in Moscow as proof that Russian concerns had become irrelevant in Washington.

-- After helping dump over the government in Belgrade, our Neocomintern -- the National Endowment for Democracy, Freedom House and other fronts -- interfered in Ukraine and Georgia, helping oust pro-Moscow regimes and install pro-American ones. Since then, NED has been run out of Belarus and its subsidiaries are about to get the boot from Moscow.

Can we blame the Russians for being angry? How would we react to left-wing NGOs in Washington, flush with Moscow oil money, aiding elements hostile to the Bush administration?

-- The United States has been constantly hectoring Russia on backsliding from democracy. But compared to Beijing, Moscow is Montpelier, Vt. And why, if the Cold War is over, are Russia's political arrangements any of our business?
    If we don't like the way Putin treats Mikhail Khorokovsky, Boris Berezovksy and the other "oligarchs" who robbed Russia blind in the 1990s, maybe Putin doesn't like how we treated Martha Stewart.
    Harry Truman is often blamed for having started the Cold War. He didn't. Stalin did. But Clinton, George W. and the neocons have a strong claim to having started the second. A first order of business of the next president should be to repair the damage this crowd has done -- and to get out of Russia's face.

#42     Jun 7, 2007
  3. tikutka

tikutka

If we don't like the way Putin treats Mikhail Khorokovsky, Boris Berezovksy and the other "oligarchs" who robbed Russia blind in the 1990s....
    If you ask an ordinary Russian about these guys,he will give his finger to be cut off,but to restore a death penalty in Russia and put all these "oligarchs" on an electric chair.So much hatred for them here,you can't even imagine.Actually most people here think that Putin is too kind to them.

#43     Jun 7, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

You should better study some history and see what Russian faced during this 150 years and still it can be considered a normal one to live in.
    Of these 150 years, Russians spent almost 50 years screwing,robing,menacing Central and Eastern Europe. Pity Russians my ass!!!
    I hope Americans will build those sites in Poland and Czech Republic. If for one reason, as an assurance that lowlife drunken Russian muzik won't be back.
    I saw personally what environmental shitty mess Russian scum left behind.
    By the way, the commie piece of shit ex-KGB agent Putin knows nobody is going to attack Russia he is just trying to pretend Russia matters.
    They say demography is a destiny and demographically Russians are broken. Honestly though, Europe is not much better off.
    Most used name for newborn males in England-MOHAMMED.

P.S. Its my guess Russia will be dealing with Chinese in the future. Even Mr.Putin knows really well you can't compare "problem" of American missiles to China problem. Unless he is complete idiot (which he is not).

#44     Jun 7, 2007
  5. Jim Rogers talks about this a lot in his book. He points out that in the US, we had our Robber Barons, but at least they built great railroads,steel mills, etc. These russian guys didn't build anything, they just plundered.

This issue of relations with Russia doesn't get a lot of attention here, but in my judgment, it ranks right up there with Bush's monumental screwups. Russia is a great country. They pretty much defeated Hitler, they have an awesome culture and the people are smart and tough. We should have had a strong friendship with the Putin government, but Bush and his crowd preferred rubbing Putin's nose in the fact that they weren't a superpower anymore. Now we reap the rewards, such as no help with Iran.

#45     Jun 7, 2007
  6. tikutka

tikutka

Cesko,

Too many emotions from your side.:D
    Of these 150 years, Russians spent almost 50 years screwing,robing,menacing Central and Eastern Europe. Pity Russians my ass!!!

If you don't know, I can remind you.Russia was an empire and if you remember it was a normal behavior for all empires during that time.You can tell the same thing to France,Great Britain,Netherlands,Turkey,etc.Why should Russia be different?Please tell me.:D
    I hope Americans will build those sites in Poland and Czech Republic. If for one reason, as an assurance that lowlife drunken Russian muzik won't be back.
    I don't think so.I think Putin and Bush will agree to use Gabala station in Azerbaijan to control that part of the world incl.Iran,Afganistan.Drunken Russian muzik will not be back only if those nations in Eastern Europe will be brave enough not to let him to do that.You want examples.I give you.Look at Findland,small country,but brave people,not like those "poor Eastern Europe nations" like Poland and Czech Republic who first licked Hitler's balls,then Stalin's now licking Bush's.Finland was part of Russian Empire but they never let bolsheviks to enter their country like this Poland and Czech Republic did.
    By the way, the commie piece of shit ex-KGB agent Putin knows nobody is going to attack Russia he is just trying to pretend Russia matters.
    This is just politics.
    They say demography is a destiny and demographically Russians are broken. Honestly though, Europe is not much better off.
    Most used name for newborn males in England-MOHAMMED
    What's your problem with that?Let it be.Mohammed is also a human being,not better not worse than John.
    P.S. Its my guess Russia will be dealing with Chinese in the future. Even Mr.Putin knows really well you can't compare "problem" of American missiles to China problem. Unless he is complete idiot (which he is not).
    That's not a problem.It's not only Russians in Russian Federation,if you don't know.There are many many other different nations here.We have around 10 millions Muslims only who can also be called Russians.I respect Chinese people.They are very hard-working,calm people.They are not a problem anywhere.Why should it be a problem in Russia?You are just making a problem out of nothing.

#46     Jun 7, 2007
  7. tikutka

tikutka

I think Jim Rogers knows Russia very well.You are right about those guys.Berezovskiy is just a criminal who ordered to kill dozens of people,mainly his competitors.Hodorkovskiy is just a stupid rich person who decided that he can play the game without rules.Moreover this rules were not established by him.I'm really surprised why people in the West are so concerned about him.He is just a thief who was trying to sell the stolen things and say that these things belong to him.Bad luck for him,he was caught.:D
    Also I agree with you regarding American and Russian super rich people.It's so different.Compare Bill Gates who started from zero and Roman Abramovich(Russian #1).Roman did nothing important for his country but at least he was not so stupid as Khodorkovsky.Roman quickly sold his company,bought Chelsea in London and now live silently there.That's it.It's a pure mentality of an American robber.Snatch a large sum and run to Mexico,buy a house there and live silently with few millions bucks in a case.:D

#47     Jun 7, 2007
  8. Cesko

Cesko

Too many emotions from your side.

Yes. And that prevents me to feel any sympathy for plight of Russians as you suggested we should.

Look at Findland,small country,but brave people,not like those "poor Eastern Europe nations" like Poland and Czech Republic who first licked Hitler's balls,then Stalin's now licking Bush's.

You are right about Finland. It cost them close to 1 mil. people. Huge risk for small nation. Reg. licking Hitler's balls, British and French have done 99% of licking.Czechs didn't lick any balls but true enough they gave up after being sold out. Polish, if you check history, fought and it was all over in 2-3 weeks(nation of 50 million!!!). Slovaks they did some serious licking of German (and then Russian) ass right from the beginning

I respect Chinese people.They are very hard-working,calm people.They are not a problem anywhere.
    Until they are self-assured enough of their own power and strength.As you suggested empires behave in predictable manner. Parts of SE Siberia used to be Chinese mind you.

P.S. Nobody is better at licking authority's ass than Russian muzik. Be it czar,bolshevik or Putin!

#48     Jun 7, 2007
  9. tikutka

tikutka

Cesko,

Yes. And that prevents me to feel any sympathy for plight of Russians as you suggested we should.
    Still too many emotions.Bolsheviks did more harm to Russians than to any other nation in this world.I have no sympathy for them as well.Open your eyes,Russia is not communist anymore.Why so much hatred?
    You are right about Finland. It cost them close to 1 mil. people. Huge risk for small nation. Reg. licking Hitler's balls, British and French have done 99% of licking.Czechs didn't lick any balls but true enough they gave up after being sold out. Polish, if you check history, fought and it was all over in 2-3 weeks(nation of 50 million!!!). Slovaks they did some serious licking of German (and then Russian) ass right from the beginning
    Just too many unneccessary details.At the end all of them incl. Chechs and Polish did serious licking.If not Gorbachev, they still continue licking.:D
    Until they are self-assured enough of their own power and strength.As you suggested empires behave in predictable manner. Parts of SE Siberia used to be Chinese mind you.
    That's OK.After USSR collapse Russia gave many territories to its former republics like Ukraine,Kazakhstan,etc.
    Siberia is no good.Very cold,too difficult to maintain good living standards.Anyway if Russia didn't let Chechnya go away,who do you think will let Siberia go with all it's gas and oil.Then what will Russia sell to the west.Cars?:D Don't think they need it.:D
    P.S. Nobody is better at licking authority's ass than Russian muzik. Be it czar,bolshevik or Putin!
    That's just a joke.If you seriously think so then I can say that Chechs are better on that 'cause they licked so many different balls.Russian muziks are doing this just to each other.:D

#49     Jun 7, 2007
  10. Cesko

Cesko

If not Gorbachev, they still continue licking.
    I think you meant Reagan am I right?:D
    Gorbachev had no choice.
    I don't hate all Russians.For example I like Rasputin, quite amazing guy.LOL.

#50     Jun 7, 2007