War with Russia ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joab, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

Sad :(

Russia was a great power at one time and kept the US in check.

This is one of the big problems now as maniacs like BUSH can obtain absolute power and that's never good for ANYONE including the US.

#11     Jun 7, 2007
  2. Ah, most of you youngsters are too young to remember, but the Russians stole most of their "ideas".. Took the B29 a crew landed there in 1945, kept it, copied it. Copied the engine for the Mig 15 from the English.

All my life, they were there. Then came Red China. When I was in the Army, we had a big poster of a latern jawed Russian soldier w/an AK 47, know you're enemy.

Then, in 1976, Belenkoff flies a Mig25 Foxbat to Japan. The thing was a brick w/ an engine. Rivets not flush mounted. It was so feared and hyped... a deadly aircraft, but a piece of shit.

A newly minted capitalist, he wrote a book. Aircraft mechanics slugging fluid for the high, newly constructed officers quarters splitting down the middle because the timber was green. I take great heart in knowing they are more fucked up than we are. That being said, it's like a five year old. You know you can take him in fair fight, but there's always a chance he'll kick you in the balls when you're not looking.

Oh yeah. Eastern Europeans and Muslims everywhere hate them. They've got some issues.

#12     Jun 7, 2007
  3. I suppose taking great heart in knowing how poor they are militarily makes you feel better, but their army is conscription. Only the rich have enough money to pay to keep their sons out of the army. For everyone else, it is misery.

Young men drafted into their army are frequently abused, physically, mentally. They are starved, sometimes raped by older officers, and forgotten about in remote locations. They (as I said) beg on the street for 10 rubles (about 30 cents) to go get a Stardog (hot dog) from a kiosk vendor. They are abusive, abused and this is why the army behaves like it does in places like Chechnya (read: A Small Corner of Hell: Dispatches from Chechnya by Anna Politskaya for some gruesome stories of Federal Security Service behavior).

If you've ever been lucky enough to see the May Day parade in Moscow, you can see the condition their armored units are in (I'm not talking about the WWII stuff).

They do have decent fighter aircraft now, though. But that's it.

#13     Jun 7, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

War with Russia. What is joke!!!!! Unless someone is dumb enough to attach Russia, they will never fight. They can not afford it financially.

No matter the differences between US and Russia, one will not attack another in any foreseeable future.

One of the biggest threats to Russian right now is China. Russian East is barely inhibited, and China is overpopulated.

#14     Jun 7, 2007
  5. Oh. Don't forget stupid.

I think I'm going to market myself as an American Expert in Getting What you Want from America.

My only tool will be the Peter Seller's film, "The Mouse That Roared". The conclusion will be, "get it??!!!!???".

What would happen if AlQueda stashed all the hardware, made nice nice? We'd build them up. Wait five years, get the stuff out. You've got an infrastructure, a healthy populace from which to draw fighters.... They've got a hundred year plan. What's five?

#15     Jun 7, 2007
  6. clacy

clacy

Directly, Russia is not too big of a threat to us since mutually assured destruction worked very well with them. They may have their problems over there, but they are not crazy enough to want to die.

I have not read Bush's comments, but whatever he said, was probably needed, as Putin has Russion on the wrong track.

Where we do have to worry about Russia, is that I'm pretty sure they are more than happy to make our life in regards to N.Korea and the Middle East as complicated and difficult as possible.

#16     Jun 7, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

When I say WAR it means COLD WAR.

Bush has backed the US up 40 years in his term.

Financially Russia was potentially a huge market and what would happen to the US corporations that are there now IF things got nasty.

#17     Jun 7, 2007
  8. mtwokay

mtwokay

Joab,

The only reason you can post on this site and make absolutely insane posts is because of the freedom and liberty provided by the blood of US military.

Keep the U.S. in check? WTF against, promoting freedom and liberty around the world, expanding democracy? Yea we can't have too much of that now can we? Is the greatest gift in life only for idiots with your mindset?

How many millions of people have been given the opportunity to live in freedom because of Presidents that do the right thing like Reagan and GWB? How many millions did Reagan liberate standing up against communism? 50+ million people in Afghanistan and Iraq alone now have a choice to live free, just like you, and people like you condemn him for it. That tells us all we need to know about you.

I’ll stop before I blow a gasket.

#18     Jun 7, 2007
  9. mtwokay, just because we did great things in the past doesn't mean we are now. That's stupid.

I feel no allegiance to the country. Do I think that historically the US has been a great nation? Yes, I do. Do I feel any amazing sense of nationality? No, not really. I don't agree with the political or social situation. That's not to say I don't like living here, but to not be a dumbshit with blinders on and have blind allegiance to what Bush is doing seems to make sense to me.

Maybe you should take a chill pill. :D

And bringing up Afghanistan and Iraq was a joke? You're not bettering your cause regarding the greatness of the US military by bringing up things like helping dictators kill his own people and training Osama Bin Laden. :p

#19     Jun 7, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

That's good because I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Reagan was GREAT and almost every other US president before BUSH I have complete and total respect for with the exception of Nixon (he was another nut).

The problem is NOT the US and it's people the problem is ONE man.

When will you wake up and see this FACT.

The world hates the US because of BUSH not it's people or it's ideologies.

So you can relax now ok :)

#20     Jun 7, 2007