War with Iran next week?!?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by itcanbedone, May 11, 2008.

1. Iraq started selling their oil in Euros, war was declared against them and now they're selling in Dollars again. Iran starts selling their oil in Euros and watch what will happen to them.

The US has always enjoyed the benefits of an enormous interest free loan from most of the world because so much trade is done with American dollars. Are they using the threat of war against anyone who wants to use anything besides Dollars?

#21     May 11, 2008
  2. You didn't want to be caught long then either. I know cause I was trading it. The market rallied like mad right up to the invasion. As soon as the allies went over the Kuwaiti line, the market collapsed.

#22     May 12, 2008
  3. So is this for real?

Crude is trading lower so I assume not.

#23     May 12, 2008

4. looks like someone ran out of midol and now his huggies are ridinnnnnn' dirty.

#24     May 12, 2008
  5. Fuck the news and the idiotic anti-Israel rant. Follow price action which suggest this rumour is untrue. It reminds me of WAEL posting that article about an attack on Iran next month after the Easter Weekend, except the article was a year old. Lol

#25     May 12, 2008
  6. TGregg

TGregg

It's as real as it ever is, which is to say a normal left wing utter fabrication. Whether it's Wally wailing away with a year old article or the latest hysterical moonbat libtard, they've been screaming that the US was going to invade Iran any day now (or already had) for at least 5 years. Been wrong every time, but they keep at it, like some loser newsletter that keeps trying to call a top or bottom. The BDS is so strong with them, I'm impressed they can still find their computer.

Sucks to be them, though. Cognitive dissonance building every day - this sort of thing rarely ends well for the victims. Soon they'll be keeping the blinds down so snipers can't pick them off as they pace back and forth, dreaming up new conspiracy theories. Then, it's lights out 24x7 and a fear of leaving their home. Hmmmm, did a government agent sneak in and poison the milk again? It's a sad story.

But the original post isn't an example of this, IMO. A surgical strike on Iran, wiping out a terrorist training camp and leaving is an interesting idea, and certainly plans have been made for such a thing. Not to say it is imminent or being considered. I'm sure the brass have plans for invasions of most countries including Canada and Mexico, but that doesn't mean we are about to invade those countries.

In other words, a full scale invasion of Iran? Nope. An outbreak of war and thousands of US casualities in Iran? Not gonna happen. A military strike to break things, kill bad guys and then leave? Possible.

#26     May 12, 2008
  7. #27     May 12, 2008
  8. Oh man, that is good stuff! :)

#28     May 12, 2008
  9. #29     May 13, 2008
  10. actually infowars only placed a counterpunch article on their site. counterpunch is an offshoot project of some mainstream media guys considered "liberals." i would say that 80% of the info on infowars/prisonplanet is backed by what you guys would consider reputable mainstream media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CounterPunch_(newsletter)

#30     May 13, 2008