War with Iran next week?!?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by itcanbedone, May 11, 2008.

1. heywally

heywally

You don't have to be an f'in vaginal sissy liberal to realize that the Iraq invasion was one of the biggest blunders in history - and that's with my conservative hat on. Invasion justification - unbelievable abuse of power with no analysis. Invasion execution - horrendously bungled for years. No project management plan.

As a result, we now have Iran's government (what passes for one anyway) with a nice big shot in the arm (though their populace would disagree) and empowered by the whole thing. We could well end up with an Iraq/Iran superpower when the smoke clears from this.

I think that Iran is one of the countries you have to keep an eye on (if they ever do get closer to nukes there will be some hard choices that need to be made, but by the WORLD, not us alone) and talk tough with but at the same time, treat them with the 'oil' respect that they warrant.

Attacking any of their ops right now is not an option (or shouldn't be) because of the way we are leveraged to oil and because of the nationalist fervor it would set off in a populace that is currently not happy with their leadership. Here's a better option - formulate a long term and responsible exit plan from Iraq and don't give Iran a chance to use us for a target.

So in the meantime, get a real energy policy formulated - one that includes some SERIOUS energy conservation along with the rest of what needs to be done to use less foreign oil.

#11     May 11, 2008
  2. This exact same thread practically ran last year. Something like "Iran to be attacked tomorrow".

You conspiracy jokers must be bored of the 9-11 argument I guess, and have drifted to Iran

I can see a few tomahawks sometime in the future, but that would be the extent of it. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

#12     May 11, 2008
  3. The USA will do to iran what the USA did to pakistan and india did when they acquired 80 year old technology

#13     May 11, 2008
  4. Long oil; perhaps? :D

#14     May 11, 2008
  5. A war with Iran would be great news... for oil longs.

Go Bush!

#15     May 11, 2008
  6. So what's the real world probabilities of this actually happening this week... 4%?? Maybe even 5%?! or am I too optimistic.

#16     May 11, 2008
  7. If there was any merit to this BS, oil would be trading through $130 right now and the spoos would be limit down.

Unlike Gulf War I, when the shit starts flying over Iran, you don't want to be caught long.

#17     May 11, 2008
  8. The night's still young.

#18     May 11, 2008
  9. True dat. I should have said $140, oil could easily get squeezed to $130 on its own accord.

#19     May 11, 2008
  10. Mvic

Mvic