War!!! What is good for...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dgmodel, Mar 4, 2003.

1. about the UN thing...
    <b>
    *DJ Martha Stewart Hopes For Resolution 'In The Near Future'

(MORE) Dow Jones Newswires
    03-04-03 1110ET- - 11 10 AM EST 03-04-03
    </b>

#11     Mar 4, 2003
  2. dis

dis

Since the war is going to begin with spectacular bombing raids with few casualties on our side, the market is bound to rally. Whether the or not the rally will have legs depends on the terrorists' ability to respond with attacks against U.S. interests at home and abroad.

#12     Mar 4, 2003
  3. And how many US citizens live in Iraq, tell me? The war has nothing to with protecting US citizens. It may do just the opposite, that is, can bring on new terrorist attacks on the US soil.

I can't believe that anyone believes that stupid propaganda crap of going to war on Iraq in order to protect US citizens. That's the last thing Bush and his pals care about. All he cares about is oil for his oil lobby.

#13     Mar 4, 2003
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Yo wally......

You make a lot of good posts, but what you just said is absurd. I'm gonna guess you're under 25.

BSAM

#14     Mar 4, 2003
  5. Actually Wally is right. If Iraq is such a giant military threat then what about countries like Korea and Russia. The cash starved Russians are only too happy to sell weapons to terrorists and Russia has one of the worlds largest stockpiles of nuclear and biological weapons. So will the US invade Russia and Korea? I dont think so. This unprovoked "attack" on Iraq has a lot to do with oil and ego and self interest.

#15     Mar 4, 2003
  6. I wish I were under 25, but I am not any longer. Sounds to me that you know it better, so prove that what I said is an absurd.
    Using facts. You probably also believe that the war in 1991 was to protect US citizens, right?

Those who count on a fast victory will be seriously dissapointed because this war will take many years and it will not be fought in Iraq but in US. There will be more civilian than military casualties. It's just a matter of time.

Of course, the Bush propaganda will tell you that the US have won. And that will be the real absurd. The Roman Empire too underestimated the 'barbarians'. Guess who won in the long run?

Many were shocked by 9/11. I was not. I was surprised that it did not happen sooner. But it happened anyway.

This is not the end. I hope to be wrong, but I am afraid I will not be.

#16     Mar 4, 2003
  7. BSAM

BSAM

FACT is wally, if this is about oil, we could have had Iraq and ALL its oil in 1991. (Or before that, for that matter.) Look what Saddam did to Kuwait in '91. He would surely do worse to any American city if he could only expand. Buuuuut, he can't. I think the terrorists are much more afraid of the U.S. than vice versa. It's just that we have a lot more to lose. They seem to place very little value on human life and/or their surroundings, environment, etc.
    You can put your confidence and faith in the determination and might of Saddam and his kind, if you please. Think I'm gonna ride with the U.S.A.:cool:

BSAM

#17     Mar 4, 2003