War tax, it seems to make sense.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Republicans keep insisting that we need to fight terrorists globally and police the world against them.

So why would they be against a war tax? war is not free someone has to pay for it.

So if you want to fight wars all over the world you and I need to pay for it.

2. 2nd quickest way to stop a war that I know of. 1 would be a draft.

3. Mercor

Mercor

I already pay taxes for a strong national defense. The first tax dollar should go to defense. Let the Democrats pull the money from their wasteful social spending.
    Another story with a false premise pushed by the mass media. You are all so gullible.

4. The only reason they admittedly wanted this 'war' tax was so they could keep forging ahead with their agenda of spending us into a death spiral.

And us taxpayers are already paying.

This is like selling tickets to a concert and then charging a cover charge at the door.

5. Next you'll be asking them to use SSN tax to pay SSN benefits and nothing else. The nerve of some people.:D

6. Or like a baseball game/movie - where food prices are tripled or higher while paying $8-$50 a head to get into the movie/game, and parking is also atrocious.

7. The budget already allows for $500 Billion or so in the Defense budget. "Wars" should come out of that.

What if we could vote? An additional tax to fight a war, or STOP our participation and bring the troops home?

Seems this could be as big an issue as abortion.