War profiteering....& Oil....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by limitdown, Mar 9, 2008.

1. SteveD

SteveD

Silly......

SteveD

#21     Mar 14, 2008
  2. A funny thing I remember was that during the last commodity spike a couple years ago Congress called a hearing with the top oil execs from that time, and if I remember correctly, they stated frankly that their profits were quite sufficient and that they didn't need or want the government subsidies.

Of course, any bill to remove the subsidies and the Republicans would be up in arms like it was WWIII, but that makes me wonder if the CEO's were just putting up a smokescreen with those statements, or if the CEO's themselves are just weak puppets, and the primary beneficiaries/interests lobbying for these govt handouts keep their faces hidden as they pull all the strings in their little puppet-theater.

#22     Mar 14, 2008

3. very well said!

#23     Mar 14, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Don't you worry. When Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the DemoCraps are fully in power, ALL those profits the oil companies made will be confiscated and given to those who (1) don't work, and (2) never made a capital investment.

All the naer-do-wells are going to get THEIR share and then some. :D

#24     Mar 14, 2008
  5. Paliz

Paliz

Trickle down economy??? How about trickle up economy you MORON.

When these people that don't work have more money, they will end up spending it. Unlike the rich who recieve tax cuts and spend it overseas. These broke bastards will spend it here....IMPROVING the economy. So listen you Bush lover, people like you who voted for him brought us here, and now its time to get someone else in office, and it can't be my grandpa

#25     Mar 14, 2008
  6. Paliz

Paliz

Its called credit cards .

Not SteveD

#26     Mar 14, 2008
  7. In times like these during the trading day I often turn the channel off CNBC and all their one sided overly heavily rose-colored glasses view of the economy in favor of any other financial news channel review of the days news.

Fox Business Channel, and CNN Headline News (if I recall this correctly) had these two segments that were running that is really pitiful and hurts...

... More and more people are burning down their homes instead of allowing them to be foreclosed upon.

... More and more remaining homeowners in those areas are having their insurance rates increase because of the risk to those who are innocent and still making payments

.... This is occurring in court case (obviously they will be remanded to their local jails) after court case all across the country in seemingly nice neighborhoods.

people are going out of thier minds over the events that continue to happen or are finally unwinding and stinging them in their assets....

#27     Mar 14, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

Don't call me a "Bush lover", you dumbass little prick! Nobody "deserves" to have money handed to them at the expense of someone else who earned it.

#28     Mar 14, 2008
  9. events keep piling up with these oil prices being speculated through the roof:

today's events:

.. California Govenor releasing all the damage being done to his state, including the threats of $4 gasoline, as if somehow the US should achieve parity with gas prices in Europe...

... complete lack of leadership from the White House in their noon time pronouncements that the economy is strong and doing well,

... http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200503/030905a.html

... many Senators calling for direct and immediate steps to counteract what continues to happen...

well,

call all these distinguished gentlemen idiots and stupid uneducated persons waiting for handouts also,,,,,

never mind they represent all three major parties in the US,
    never mind they represent thier electorate,
    never mind they don't agree with the traders, speculators or otherwise....

#29     Mar 14, 2008