War Optimism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stocon, Mar 23, 2003.

1. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

War is an extremely messy and unpredictable business.

We will be engaging there for many months yet.
    One could not reasonably expect less.

Look to Afghanistan.........
    still taking some losses there ( and giving many more ).

Patience & Perseverance.......wins the day.

#41     Mar 24, 2003
  2. BSAM

BSAM

...if not sooner. Amazing how many pessimists there are around here. RELAX FOLKS....this war JUST started!! Maybe there's just a "daytrader's mentality" showing throught here on E.T. Perhaps a different tone might be conveyed on a long term trading forum. Does ANYONE REALLY believe Iraq is capable of defeating the U.S. in this war??? If the United States cared as little about the maiming and deaths of our military personnel as Iraq does for their military personnel, I would guess this thing would already be over. But our soldiers shouldn't be put out there to die, just to bring this operation to a quicker conclusion. Look at CNN or FOX or whatever. Evaluate the big picture. We're WAY ahead. There's not even a comparison. Think long term (unlike our daytrading mentality:)). We're gonna continue to kick their asses!!! USA...USA...USA!!!

BSAM

#42     Mar 24, 2003
  3. TBA

TBA

This is one of the very best posts I've read on this thread.

#43     Mar 24, 2003
  4. TBA

TBA

And this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read in my entire life. Attempting to reply would be such a waste of time. I'd prefer laughing at it instead :)

#44     Mar 24, 2003
  5. This is a reply. Another no brain moment by TBA. Your killin me man! A shrink would do wonders for you, there work is proven.

Comp

#45     Mar 24, 2003
  6. TBA

TBA

Comp,

Let me help you identify a reply :)

You address the one whom you're replying to, just like I did on top of this message, because if you don't, then this should be considered a general comment intended for some other reason. In this case it was intended to share a joke with the rest of the folks on this thread, and as I don't expect you to laugh at yourself, so I'm sorry it wasn't intended for you :)

Instructions for your brain : skip or ignore the message. It was intended to make people laugh at your funny post.

#46     Mar 24, 2003
  7. Well said tba, you are the greatest.

:D

#47     Mar 24, 2003
  8. GreenDog

03-21-03 03:27 PM
    Churchill quote (modified)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from compisnada2002:

To see our military go in there and just tear shit up gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. And I know that i am not the only one who feels this way. Everybody in this office is ooohhing and aweeeing over this spectical.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute coversation w/ Compisnada, Candletrader, and their trading room buffoons."

That people like this have voting power is a scary thought.

#48     Mar 24, 2003
  9. has a long history of thoughtful insightful posts.:cool:

#49     Mar 24, 2003
  10. So green dog, whats the beef. I support all of the decsions that our congress makes, after all the majority of the US voted them in. I guess you have to be a little heartless/ruthless to stomach war. It is not my fault that some are soft and can't handle intense situations. But it is the person who screems for peace that freezes up in violent enviroments and gets hurt. I am little more adverse and can handle whatever. Some ask why and I can only say it is only becouse I have no choice.

comp

#50     Mar 24, 2003