War Optimism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stocon, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Technically, you can only be brainwashed by the powers that be (Government/Media). In this case, I don't know who's the brainwashed one 'cause I sure know that it's not an anti-war government.

#21     Mar 24, 2003
  2. brainwashed by the pseudo-intellectual elite that controls half of this nations universities most likely. Been to Berkely lately ?
    Brainwashed by anti-american propaganda that is being spread far and wide simply because they hate our success and our power in the world. Proffessors that make $50k/ yr and beleive they are superior beings who can't stand it that business men have more money and power. Yes, there is brainwashing out there that has nothing to do with our government.

#22     Mar 24, 2003
  3. stocon

stocon

I started the thread trying to determine if sentiment about confidence had changed. I believe the market may be signaling a bigger concern than just profit taking. I thought the correction may had been more in the form of time congestion but it appears price is a big component. The thread is now simply us vs. them and I'm sorry because once our boys are in and to me that debate is over and my only concern is a swift v and protection of life. I apologize because nobody's going to win an argument that is over and fear support for troops will only erode when they should now become are only concern and priority.

#23     Mar 24, 2003
  4. Agreed.

#24     Mar 24, 2003
  5. no problem sto, your thread was hijacked by people with an anti-american agenda, not your fault.

#25     Mar 24, 2003
  6. links

links Guest

In the past 10 days we have had a 1100 point move in the DOW, the drop today is less than 30%. I think its too early to tell if the mkt may be signaling a bigger concern than just profit taking at this point. imho that big intuitional trade of long Oil, long Gold, long Bonds, short Dollar, short Stocks was definitely undone last week.

Regarding the politics of war, being a long time Buddhist I can never understand the concept of duality, us vs them aren't we all ONE. I can never forget what an Israeli general once said, when you shoot a soldier you first shoot a bullet through his mothers heart. Do we think the Iraqi mothers cry less for their sons? There is much suffering on both sides. I hope one of our bombs finds Saddam soon.

#26     Mar 24, 2003
  7. well hey, they tried to get sadam on the first night, reports say he was actually in the building and was injured. You can see that they had their priorities in order.

#27     Mar 24, 2003
  8. sunnie

sunnie

Don't you mean 3%? :confused:

#28     Mar 24, 2003
  9. i think he is talking about percentage retracement. 300 pt drop is 30% retracement of a 1,000 pt rally.

#29     Mar 24, 2003
  10. sunnie

sunnie

thanks for the clarification....:)

#30     Mar 24, 2003