War on terror may cost an ADDITIONAL $2.4 trillion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Ask your pusher for a refund.

Your dope was badly contaminated.

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. tyler19

tyler19

I don't think he was serious.

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. Hey, I had a few minutes to kill on Bill and Hill. Pick up the story where I left off and see what you can make up. Beats working for a living.

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. 2.4 TRILLION could buyout all the terrorists in the whole universe. Probably 20 billion will do it. just give terrorists 20 billions, i bet they will be the best friends of the US.

#14     Oct 25, 2007
  5. USA doesn't want to solve the "terrorist" problem - or the "drug" problem - they need an excuse to invade countries. Playing the "terrorist" card works.

#15     Oct 25, 2007
  6. $2.4T is peanuts compared to the potential value of oil in iraq.

At 85 dollars a barrel there are over $10T of proven oil reserves in iraq.

Some estimates put the amount of unproven reserves at about the same amount.

Not to mention the significant iraqi natural gas reserves.

Now if the price of oil doubles over the next five years then how much will all that oil and gas be worth?: somewhere between $20T and $40T.

#16     Oct 25, 2007
  7. dtan1e

dtan1e

why didn't they make an offer of 1 bil for anyone that takes the post of number 1, 2, 3 man in al qaeda, that way the organization becomes headless, won't it be running around in circles? that would have saves lots without a single shot nor single life in iraq

#17     Oct 25, 2007
  8. dtan1e

dtan1e

or even better donate to al qaeda, i'm sure can buy their service for a lot less than 2 tril, then be no more "death to america" more like "death to iraq" ?

#18     Oct 25, 2007
  9. So it's not really a "war on terror" but much more a war to steal Iraq's (and other ME countries) oil. I must say I'm shocked. Not!

How about the half a million dead, two or three million displaced, the destruction of the economy of Iraq and the destabilisation of the region. And it's far from over yet. Things could very well get a lot worse.

How does that look on the balance sheet ? Is it still a bargain ?

#19     Oct 25, 2007
  10. Rufawana

Rufawana

The corpses and displaced are not american, or european for that matter. Therefore, it doesn't matter.
    Come on, the pretext for all of this is the loss of three thousand or so americans.
    500,000 iraqis / 3,000 americans
    1 American civilian life = 166.6 Iraqi civilians lives (so far, or including US military casualties, half that)
    And thats only because they have oil, shit an american is probably worth 500 or 600 Somalis or Sudanese

#20     Oct 25, 2007