"War on Drugs"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Virtuoso, May 6, 2004.

1. Cutten

Cutten

The war on drugs is proof that the majority of humans are both stupid and evil.

#61     May 7, 2004
  2. hmm

well

two things immediately pop into my mind..

"war" & "drugs"

#62     May 7, 2004
  3. Cutten

Cutten

The ability to seek profit and personal satisfaction by trading goods is a basic human freedom.

#63     May 7, 2004
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Fully agree. Don't forget that a large proportion of these people who hurt nobody will end up gang raped in prison, or sexually enslaved by some sick pervert, their butt rented out for a packet of cigarettes or a few quarters. Quite how this is supposed to be preferable to letting people smoke a joint alone in the privacy of their own home is beyond me.

America is a modern day gulag. In a few hundred years, people will look back on this era and compare it to slavery, and other barbaric regimes of torture and oppression.

#64     May 7, 2004
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Chopping off your arm with a chainsaw is more dangerous than crack, heroin etc, but people aren't jailed for 20 years for trying it. Suicide is not a criminal offence, but is much more harmful than hard drug use.

Please explain why hard drugs should be illegal, given that much more harmful voluntary behaviours are entirely legal.

#65     May 7, 2004
  6. Then let us hail the pimps, slavers, and smugglers of migrant workers as the most noble of our species.

#66     May 7, 2004
  7. Is it in society's best interest to restrict recreational drug use?

why not let the populace get high when and if they wish?

afterall, what harm can it do??

#67     May 7, 2004
  8. To my knowledge, my fellow citizens and I have never been attacked, raped, had our property stolen, our houses broken into, or our children accosted by someone crazed by the need to find a chainsaw to dismember one of their arms.

In the context you present, those who commit suicide kill only themselves, not someone else.

I take it you believe that the legalization of crack, crystal meth, heroin, etc. would not affect non-addicts then? Addiction would not spread? Addicts would not have to resort to crime in order to fund their habit?

It is perfectly legal to buy a car stereo. Some of those who cannot afford to buy the car stereo instead steal or sometimes kill to acquire the funds necessary to purchase one. Why would it be any different with drugs, which, by the way, are already very cheap - $4 a bag for heroin according to Penn & Teller?

Do you propose that drugs not only be legalized, but made available free of cost?

#68     May 7, 2004
  9. i think those who work drive-up windows @ McDees are on crack.. my order is always screwed up :-/

#69     May 7, 2004
  10. Like most conservatives, you're having alot of trouble distinguishing between actual crimes and completely victimless activities where absolutely nobody has their body or property rights violated by another person.

Hapaboy, I believe we often agree with each other on these boards. You're not an irrational person like ART at all. In fact, you may even be a fellow Ayn Rand fan. In that case you must realize that 'selfish' laissez-faire capitalistic activity is among the noblest things a man can choose to do.

#70     May 7, 2004