"War on Drugs"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Virtuoso, May 6, 2004.

1. Busy thread today...

So far I have managed to gather that "Happa-hitler" wants to just start killing people for not living up to his own version of a perfect America, Cubano is an obvious stoner, my boy Rearden "money-maker" wants to slap Pablo's face on a stamp, and this cocksucker Mav is all for personal freedom so long as it dosen't effect him in anyway and his broke ass won't have to pay another $50 a month for health insurance...

I miss anything?

#91     May 7, 2004
  2. Unless you're a few million short, in which case they keep you around for awhile to see if you can come up with the cash.

#92     May 7, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Cocksucker Mav? Whatever dude, whatever floats your boat. You like to name call, fine go ahead. I don't know where you keep getting this idea that I am broke. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me. But I guess if having 150k invested in another hedge fund besides my actual trading account makes me broke, then yeah, I guess I'm broke. Whatever. I don't know Joe, one day you are going to grow up from this stupid New Jersey Guido act you are trying to pull off and you might actually be a cool person to talk to, but until that happens, I am betting against Pabst's perception of you. At least until proven otherwise.

And yes, I do look after my bottom line especially as it pertains to taxes. We are over taxed enough in this country and I'm tired of the government finding reasons to keep raising taxes. If everyone in this country took personal responsibility for themselves, our tax rates would be half of what they are. That's my only argument. You obviously don't give a shit about politics and thats cool, apathy is very becoming for you. That's all we need in this country is more young kids like you who don't vote and who don't give a shit. Have you thought for a second that maybe the reason we have these drugs laws on the books is because you don't vote? Well, think about it big guy.

#93     May 7, 2004
  4. RM, I have no problem at all distinguishing the two.

I am all for capitalism, don't get me wrong. I took your words literally. If I was mistaken, you have my apologies.

#94     May 7, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

Mav:
    >Can you believe they execute people in Russia
    >on the spot for coming up a dollar short in taxes. True.

Weeeeell, it didn't take long for the fabulous "Mav Facts" list to get a new entry.

So, let's see, we have:
    Satellites that look up at mountains.
    Fish don't die of natural causes...only when eaten.

And now a new and fabulous one:
    We have a Russian policy of the tax collector executing the taxpayer "on the spot" for coming up only a dollar short.

This is fun.

JB

Yeah, and when pressed he backs away with 'I don't know if they still do it' ROFLAO!!

#95     May 7, 2004
  6. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

#96     May 7, 2004
  7. Cool. In that case if you really think about it, there should be absolutely zero laws against drug use, drug selling, or prostitution. Municipal zoning laws would be quite sufficient in dealing with all victimless activities.

For conservatives (and Liberals) , the word FREEDOM is apparently just an empty slogan. Libertarians actually mean it.

#97     May 7, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

RM, you are right. Freedom is a useless word if one is not willing to pay for it or fight for it. It's merely a bumpersticker.

#98     May 7, 2004
  9. Sounds like you pulled that straight from a bumper sticker. And If you meant it you'd be in Iraq and not Chi-Town...

#99     May 7, 2004
  10. No, not much. But Mav is all for personal freedom only if you do what expects of you, and not do what he opposes. He is like a combo right/left winger: the rightist wants to restrict you and the leftist wants to compel you.

#100     May 7, 2004