WAR IN 72 HOURS... TIME FOR UNITY... WHATEVER OUR DIFFERENCES...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Mar 16, 2003.

1. rs7

rs7

Translation:

A dangerous guy is elected unanimously because the choice is "vote for me or die". He runs a pathetic country of oppressed people by threatening their existence with death on a constant basis. The long overdue end of his regime will be facilitated by another guy who was also put in office by winning an election in which the majority of people did not want him to win. Only in his land, they got to actually vote as they wanted to in most, but not all places. But he was declared the winner anyway, and no one was killed to accomplish this, because the people of his country are civilized and have laws. And so this guy, who has "big cojones" will now have the opportunity to be remembered in the History books as the guy who liberated the oppressed people of the other guys country. Because he has "big cajones". Which qualifies him to be in the most powerful position of any man on the planet.

As a result of being in this very important position, this guy with "big cajones" will now have the opportunity to make the Middle East a place of sanity by inserting 200,000+ brave young men and women with gigantic guns and airplanes and bombs into a place that really needs more conflict to become a more "sane" place.

Meanwhile a few hundred miles to the west of the terrible man's palaces, likely because our heroic guy, the guy with "big cajones" decided to use his "cajones" instead of his brain, good friends and allies of the guy with "big cajones" will likely be bombarded with Scud missiles loaded with biological and chemical toxins.

But the guy with "big cajones" must not believe the other guy would do something so mean-spirited. After all, when the guy with "big cajones" dad fought this same very bad guy about 12 years before, they saw the restraint of the bad man who lives in many palaces as he calmly left a little country that he had invaded, and was forced to withdraw from. He just set the whole country on fire. A sure sign that this bad man will likely behave himself this time around and take his losses gracefully. And meanwhile, where the toxic laden Scuds are falling on our friends, lots of women and children along with other civilians and soldiers who are not involved in the man with "big cajones" conflict will likely die.

But these people have real weapons of mass destruction. So maybe the guy with "big cajones" figures that the bad man will not launch Scuds because he may be afraid of our friends. That perhaps he believes, unlike last time, maybe they will fight back. The guy with "big cajones" must trust the bad man from Baghdad's better judgement. Lot's of previous behavior to base this thinking on.

And this is the definition of "giving sanity to the middle east".

Interesting way of introducing "sanity". Kill a lot of people. Let a lot of other people be poisoned and likely killed too. Send 200,000+ young men and women into what will likely be a cloud of poison gases, and spend a few billion dollars a day to depose one bad man.

Yup, a sure bet to go down in History as a hero. With "big cajones".

:confused: :confused: :confused:

God Bless America. I hope the man with "big cajones" prevails, and I pray that I am wrong about the cost of life on both sides of this conflict. And I pray that our friends and allies that are in range of the Scuds are spared the destruction the Bad Man from Baghdad has devoted his life to. (As have all the other leaders in the Arab world). And I pray that our friends will show the restraint they showed last time an not unleash their weapons of mass destruction. Because if they do........well then the unthinkable becomes possible.

And I pray that Mondo Trader learns to be a more open minded and tolerant human being. And if that is too much to ask, I pray that Mondo Trader at least learns how to properly construct a sentence in english by this time next year. And if that is too much to ask, then just proper grammar will be a nice improvement. A year is a pretty long time. I have faith.

Shalom,
    :)rs7

#31     Mar 18, 2003
  2. RS7, always a pleasure to read your posts. :)

As much fun as it was, I must point out that the bottom line is that we choose to take SH out now, OVER THERE, rather than wait for one of his minions or purchasers of WMD use them on one of our cities OVER HERE.

Ah you say, what about N. Korea? What about Iran? Their time will come. The mullahs in Tehran are probably making some major wire transfers right now to msfe's country and reading up on Catholic conversion procedures. Kim Jong Il is probably chewing his nails amidst his Disney collection (world's biggest I hear) and wondering if we'll have the cojones to take him on directly as well.

Israel, if attacked by Scuds, even those w/chems or bios, will not respond w/nukes. Not with American troops over there. Not with the knowledge that doing so will make them international pariahs for all eternity and lose them the very few friends they have now. Israel will only go nuclear if they are in danger of being overrun, like their ancestors did at Masada. Scuds may have chems or bios, and casualties may be significant, but they are not nation-killing weapons. And if Israel does retaliate, it will be conventionally, and so what if they do? No nation, Arab or not, will be able to legitimately condemn it. Oh sure, they'll make lots of noise and do their usual screaming and shouting, but that's it. They certainly aren't going to do anything as stupid as attack Israel.

My concern now is Saddam, knowing his time on earth will soon come to an end, is handing out whatever WMD he has, and let's be frank - HE HAS IT - to whatever terrorist wants it like some Mengele-ish Santa Claus. I'd imagine our bright lights in D.C. are aware of this and sealing up that country tighter than Optional's thought process.

I know you feel this is wrong, and of course you are entitled to your opinion. My feelings are that the Middle East was way overdue for an enema, and for our own sake, we're finally bringin' the vinegar.

#32     Mar 18, 2003
  3. I truely truely hope that Saddam's forces will collapse before the first bullet (or missle) is fired. Maybe the regular Iraqi army will cave in, then the Republic Guard units are left wondering what to do, and they realize the game will be up soon. Then they put up the white flags, as American troops are welcomed by women dancing in the streets and men tearing down the the ever present statues and posters of Saddam throughout Iraq.

The rest of the world is probably seeing this right now as the sham it really is. For months on end, Bush called for "the Iraqi's to disarm". Now even if they do disarm, that's not good enough!It was about regime change all along.

The worst case scenarios are too horrible to imagine. From Israel getting involved to the entire Middle East de-stablized, with the Arab street rising in anger, with Bin Laden laughing about all this in his cave to N Korea exploiting the tragedies to further their own agenda.

#33     Mar 18, 2003
  4. Brother Mo,

I doubt that Iraq will be able to withstand the power of the US military for more than a few days... I sincerely hope that very few of your innocent women and children are killed in this war...

Candle

#34     Mar 18, 2003
  5. rs7

rs7

No, the truth is you and I do not disagree on what needs to be done. Only in how.

There is just no way IMO we really need to wage a big war, launch a major invasion to get rid of the cancer that is Saddam Hussein.

As far as making fun of Dubya, well, that's just what I do. I am behind him 100% even though I think he is taking a "cowboy" approach when it isn't necessary. But the cast is dye, and so I am behind him now.

I just can't help but think a quick surgical strike could have achieved the same results. With just a small handful of elite commandos.

Yes, I understand it would not have been easy. Few things are. I just think it could have been done with the proper intelligence and the proper planning. And without even talking about it...just go and do it. Take a page from the Israeli playbook.

Peace,
    :)rs7

#35     Mar 18, 2003
  6. My hat goes off to Shin Beth and Mossad... they are pretty awesome...

#36     Mar 18, 2003
  7. Its people like you which make me wonder why I spend so much time arguing against war... go screw yourself, you loser...

#37     Mar 18, 2003
  8. I agree... although I sometimes disagree with Brother rs7, it is always a pleasure to read his posts...

#38     Mar 18, 2003
  9. man

man

this is the source of human trouble. candle, you say you stand behind your army attacking another country, someone at least mentally near to that country contradicts, and it ends with you throwing away all your honourable mood at the beginning of this thread.

are you to blame? no. we all are like that. we are angels and devils at the same time. lovers and warriors. messengers of evil and of good. each of us. at any moment.

the only thing we can truly change is ourselves. at any time.

I pray for all of us who we are lost in our anger and despair, hope and fear, greed and hunger.

is this unrealistic dreamer's mind, big warrior?

sure it is. sure.

peace

#39     Mar 18, 2003
  10. Brother Man,

I still don't support Bush's policies on Iraq... I would prefer he bombed the Saudis and the Pakistanis instead...

But, irrespective of my views on Bush, I will support our soldiers...

Fraternal warmth,
    Candle

#40     Mar 18, 2003