War and expiration

Discussion in 'Options' started by just21, Jan 9, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

yes, but the rumor usually has more than the news...

nitro

#11     Jan 12, 2003
  2. dis

dis

Just21, once the market discounts a quick and decisive military victory over Iraq, the risks are going to be mostly on the downside. For instance, the Iraqi army can put up stiff resistance in big cities and thus turn a blietzkrieg into a bloody mess of urban combat along the lines of Mogadishu and Jenin.

#12     Jan 12, 2003
  3. Dare we say the 'nam word?

#13     Jan 12, 2003
  4. qdz2

qdz2

Pin and glue. January is over.

:p

#14     Jan 12, 2003
  5. Isn't Ramadan during the month of February? I don't think we will strike until after that is over. I'll look it up and edit this post.

:)

Edit: my bad... it's in October. Therefore, I 'm with metooxx. I know we will lose some soldiers and some innocent civilians will be killed also. Pray it ends quickly and decisively.

#15     Jan 12, 2003
  6. I have a feeling it will be in 2 to 3 weeks ...

#16     Jan 12, 2003
  7. white17

white17

My guess is late february. If I were running the show I would take the countryside which shouldn't be that difficult and cut all lines of supply to urban areas. I don't think Saddam will last too long if no one is eating after a few weeks. I know all the whining that will come from the UN about the "innocent" civilians suffering but better that than house to house combat in the city. Been there, done that.

#17     Jan 13, 2003
  8. Time will tell ...

#18     Jan 13, 2003
  9. qdz2

qdz2

do not expect situation of either hell or heaven. do not capitalize on dreaming or cursing.

this is my prayer for today. good luck to me

:p

#19     Jan 13, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

February is the dealine because of the heat. The soldiers have to wear those anti-biological suits and 120 heat would not work.

nitro

#20     Jan 13, 2003