wanting to be right over making money?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TGpop, Jul 30, 2010.

1. TGpop

TGpop

alright guys he's decided to go through with it...

if i help him more maybe i can squeeze it out of him!

he wants to know how best togain leverage on his stocks- via SSFs,options or CFDs? taking into consideration he wishes to trade £1000+/cent/tick on the stocks and typically moves of 1-2%?
    i don't know the limits of leverage on options tbh.. i mean he needs pretty massive leverage to exploit this but doesn't want to partake in the outright stock (less leverage) i think with CFDs you can get pretty massive sizes...SSFs i hear are pretty illiquid, options are liquid but im not sure whether the leverage is good enough for him.

i will not be referring him to this thread due to some lulz comments :D

#11     Jul 30, 2010
  2. sws2179

sws2179

Lame thread!

#12     Jul 30, 2010
  3. Edge is only 1/3 of what you need to trade successfully. I have an edge, but I still ended up chasing a trade today and not waiting for a setup.

#13     Jul 30, 2010
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It's very important that he learns how to stand on his own two feet or those around him stop trying to protect him especially considering he's choosing a career in trading that's one of the most stressful careers out there.

Simply, stop being the middle man and let him join this forum to ask his own questions. Yet, if it's an issue that you don't want him to be a member of the same forum you're at...refer him to other forums like T2W or Traderslaboratory with these questions.

Thus, you're acting like an enabler.

Mark

#14     Jul 30, 2010
  5. TGpop

TGpop

i have the samequestion on those forums..

#15     Jul 31, 2010
  6. first of all, i doubt anyone would GIVE away a profitable strategy anymore than a company would reveal its trade secrets.

Second of all, no I would have no problem trading it. Who cares if I didnt discover it, as long as i understand it.

I didn't discover algebra or electricity but i have no problem using them both on a daily basis.

#16     Aug 2, 2010
  7. being right is how you make money. Being right with conviction is how you make a lot of money.

#17     Aug 3, 2010
  8. ehorn

ehorn

Excellent post. I agree with 2 of the 3 points made.

What if there truly are no edges (so to speak) and one could learn to read and see the market and just behave accordingly by staying on the right side?

#18     Aug 3, 2010
  9. you can do this, it is being in tune with the market. you will know what is going to happen before it happens. You can achieve this on different time frames, the easiest is probably daily, by reading the tape, do not look at charts, the charts will lie, misrepresent what is actually taking place, be in the moment, now.

#19     Aug 3, 2010
  10. xtrader0

xtrader0

Here is a discussion about who want to be right over making money so you don't need to reveal all the post that members are talking about.

#20     Aug 3, 2010