wanted: TradingZoo course

Discussion in 'Trading' started by carcanaques, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Listen buddy, I am just trying to help out interested parties here. Why would I have a problem with Mirus? They're just a brokerage firm.

You said that Eliot divulged confidential information over the phone and that you had to hammer him (I hope you just mean that you had to be persistent with requests) for information.

Just interesting that if he did in fact have an authorization letter from Sam, why would he be so difficult and require "hammering"?

I was very interested to hear this as I have been looking into them recently. I am very thankful for your input!

Now, if you as carcanaques also happen to be Sam in the real world, then I understand this would not have been a violation of the Privacy Act of 1974...though it would still be odd that Eliot was such a tough nut to crack. And even more odd that you would be conducting research on yourself!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

This is odd. I am pretty sure Mirus is a good company, and I certainly do not have an agenda against them. It saddens my heart that this event surfaced. I hope they can clear it up. I mean no harm to Mirus, but others should be warned of this situation!

If you were just kidding the whole time and made this story up, now would be the time to let us all know!

#11     Feb 23, 2008
  2. Perhaps he is reluctant to discuss these matters regardless if he has permission. Mirus doesn't endorse TZ and vice versa. This was confirmed in the room by Sam when asked by a visitor.

Why speculate about what Elliot was or wasn't thinking. Who cares? You are making a tempest out of a teapot and the only reason I can think of is you have an axe to grind with them regardless of your rhetoric to the contrary. Why else would you go to such lengths to hurt their reputation?

Perhaps you had an account there and got pissed when they demanded more margin in your account. Yeah, that's got to be it!

You think I'm Sam writing about myself? That's an interesting idea. I'm just a Frenchman living in NY who wagers on sports when the probabilties are in my favor.

#12     Feb 23, 2008
  3. I am trying to take up for Eliot as best as possible in the face of this harrowing information. There's only so much I can do. I am merely reaching out to someone who can help shed light on this situation!

Oh, so now Sam does know that Eliot is giving out the information about him? Interesting. You all must have some smart guys working over there. Just weird that Eliot wouldn't divulge the info to me, citing privacy act information (even though you have brought to the light that he and Sam have talked about this already)....but yet he would give it to you only after a drawn out fight.

Are you sure that you're not just making this all up? I really doubt Mirus would violate such an important regulation. I have heard many good things about them.

As an aside, I am surprised to see you picking up the gauntlet, being a frenchman and all.

#13     Feb 23, 2008
  4. Reaver, thanks for the diversion, but I don't think anyone cares. But if you do, by all means continue. My snobby homosexual French upbringing won't allow me to play tittytwister with you anymore on this.

If you know anyone who will sell me the TZ course, I'd be delighted to hear from you or them. So far, I have 2 folks who expressed interest, but we're far apart on price.

#14     Feb 23, 2008
  5. Hey no problem. Hopefully this whole Mirus thing was fabricated by you. So far, I must say I am inclined to believe that was in fact the case, based on your attitude. I will contact Mirus to see if they have any information to clarify this situation. Hopefully they will post publicly so I can remove that negative review.

Thanks for your help.

#15     Feb 23, 2008
  6. I'm 100% certain beyond any doubt they will come to ET with dispatch to obviate your heartfelt and well-intended concern.

God knows a negative "review" by a well respected watchdog of the trading community with an unquestionable reputation can bring an entire organization to its knees and perhaps even put it out of business. :D

#16     Feb 23, 2008
  7. No just trying to do my part and help out fellow traders. I don't personally think your story is true, but I would like them to refute your story publicly for their own benefit, as you have made quite an accusation against them. I think that you fabricated the story to bring positive attention to Trading Zoo by falsely citing Mirus. They could quickly clear this issue up if they wanted to.

It's a serious matter that deserves attention. Negligent safeguarding of private financial data is no laughing matter in this day and age.

I called you out on the Trading Zoo thing a long, long time ago on a forum far, far away. Remember that?

#17     Feb 23, 2008
  8. No, you made the accusations against this fine firm through false assumptions, unfounded speculations, innuendos and a parody of "what ifs." Don't lay it off on moi.

Just come clean and tell us why you are so angry at Mirus. It doesn't take a genius to figure out you have a mission other than the one you're hiding behind. No one goes off on a jag like yours when they have no skin in the game.

Tell us and get it off your chest and we'll cut you some slack. Hell, I might even give you a nice piece of foi gras to taste during our manage a trois :p

Other forums, you and me? Trading Zoo? Sure whatever you say.

#18     Feb 23, 2008
  9. I hope that they will clear this up.

#19     Feb 23, 2008
  10. Naah that's okay, after reading this:

I am not interested in your manage a trois. But thanks though. It was very sweet of you. And I mean sweet.

#20     Feb 23, 2008