Wanted: Low Cost EasyLanguage Programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BrownianMotion, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Any EasyLanguage programmers out there for $20/hour or so?

2. Yeah the trouble is they usually work for 10 hours per dollar...

3. Maybe I'm slow because it's late but that was over my head...

4. are you writing for trade station or metastock?

5. I want to create some indicators for Tradestation but have no desire to learn Un-Easylanguage.

6. sorry, no experience with TS...

7. Jeach

Jeach

What would you like and when would you need it for?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been a Senior Software Developer for the last 15 years (language/script programming is easy for me).

I've just recently changed careers to full-time day trading (another true passion) and one of the things which attracted me to TradeStation so much was it's EasyLanguage scripts.

I've contacted the TradeStation people to find out if it is available here in canada, but I got no reply.

I don't currently know EasyLanguage, but I'm looking for the manuals... as soon as I have them and learnt it, I'd like to help people out (on the side, after trading hours).

If you can send me a PDF of the manual or something I can probably help you.

Take care,

Jeach!

8. A "Senior Software Developer for 15 years" wants to work for $20/hour? If you're good, I've got a business that would be happy to hire you for $40k/yr and you can pay your own health insurance and taxes.

I know EasyLanguage like the back of my hand, but $65/hour is my lowest end for a long-term project as a consultant.

In general, you get what you pay for.

9. Prevail

Prevail Guest

try the ts forums as well.

10. Jeach

Jeach

Actually, I was making $70K/year with my employer and had my own side business and contract work which brought me up to $100K/year.

It's not always about the money, its about enjoying what you do. I've acomplished a hell of a lot as a programmer and now I'm bored. I still keep doing contracts on the side because I love it too much.

But for me it was time to turn the page and tackle new endevours (however that is spelled). I'm great at everything I do and never back down from a challenge, so I see absolutly no reason why I won't make more money day trading than I was programming. Actually I'm hoping for over $150K in 2007!

So doing the EasyLanguage is sure as hell not for the money, but just because I can't stop programming/scripting (I love it).

For everyone else, I just hope that if you have a choice between:

a) doing what you LOVE for $30K/year, or
    b) doing 'just another job' for $40K/year

...you'll always choose 'a'!

Anyway, just wanted to point out that you have no reason to criticize what someone is willing to do and for how much... especially assume an outcome when you don't know facts.

Take care,

Jeach!

#10     Feb 26, 2007